TMicke

G-code for turning fans off after a given time

Posted · G-code for turning fans off after a given time

Not sure where I should post this.

I'm looking to add an G-code to my ending script that turn off the fans after 3 minutes but can't figure it out.

And an other question; I usually look att this site for G-codes https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code Witch one would you recommend?

I figured it out my self

This is my ending script in Simplify3D:

G28 X0 ; home the X-axis

M84 ; disable motors

M140 S0 ; turn off bed

M106 S255 ; set fan to full speed

M109 S50 T0 ; wait until heater is 50°

M104 S0 ; turn off heaters

M107 ; turn off fan

Now after printing is done it sets the fans at full power until hotend reaches (cools down to) 50° then shuts of heater and fans.

I pretty sure my printer wont be ubducted by aliens if the fans are left on after printing is done, but I don't like things in general to be in motion or in use more than necessary ? 

Yesterday i flashed my printer with tinker, and now at the end of the prints, the fans turns on 100% but the temp stops and stays at approximately 76 degrees.

Just want to let you know if someone else where interested in the same feature.