Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
kazzaqov

How to print Coral Cuff from Thingiverse?

To reduce stringing look at the first picture:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1872-some-calibration-photographs/

Every filament is different so I recommend you do the same test i did at different temperatures.

I have retraction amount at 4.5mm which is cura default and is the perfect amount. I also have one of these:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:46157

If you retract too much you will get air in your nozzle followed by blobbing.

Some filaments are better than others. Some filaments you can just lower the temperature and they won't string at all. Other filmanets - no matter how low the temperature it will make strings - but the lower the temp - the thinner the strings - until they are as thin as a spider web silk string and they are easy to remove afterwards.

Can you repost your picture in the ultimaker forums? USually I can click on your pictures to see larger version but not this one.

On the top left corner click on "gallery" then upload your picture to a gallery. Then make a posting and click on "my media" to insert the picture into your posting.

Oh wow! Something is seriously wrong. You appear to be over extruding by about 2X. Have you printed other objects? There are many things that can cause this:

Z axis is moving wrong amount by factor of 2X. You can test this by moving the Z axis 10mm and see if it indeed moves 10mm. This is a probablem that came up recently (there was a bad jumper on the board).

Extruder calibrated wrong by 2X. Same sort of test. Pull the filament OUT of the print head (with the head hot) until only a few centimeters are in the bowden tube. Mark the filament below the feeder with a pen. Tell the extruder to extrude 10mm. See if the mark moves 10mm.

Cura calibrated wrong - In Cura is your nozzle set to .4mm?