Inner Wall Speed is 200% Wall Speed

d3c0de

Posted · Inner Wall Speed is 200% Wall Speed
18 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

Your words have remained antagonistic throughout this conversation.

No, antagonistic would be "Get off your lazy butt and do it you leach." See the difference?"

19 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

We're not even talking about the problem,

I am directly addressing your comments since you cannot seem to see that is a great deal of the problem. Trying to explain to you why I read what you put into words and how they affect the actual perception seems to matter not. And, as I see it, the problem is people coming here when they cannot get service from their own manufacturer and not putting forth effort.

20 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

That's simply your opinion, and I disagree.

Bully for you. I never said you had to agree.

20 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

You stated early on that I wouldn't sway your opinion on this, so why are you still talking about it?

Because you keep making false equivalencies about what I am saying and my intent. And, I still do not see you doing anything but complaining at this time that I do not take you seriously.

21 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

despite your negativity and assumptions of my laziness. I'm not "complaining",

Not really an assumption. I see a lot of people here think they can come, raise a lot of disruption about how Cura Devs do not do enough for every printer in the world. The good intentions quickly become someone that actually does something and not just complain. So, far, you have said you would not and then would and then would not again. Until you actually do something, why should I even try to give you benefit of the doubt that you are not like them?

23 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

You're not the gatekeeper.

Nope. And do not want to be. But I am an ardent defender of the Cura Devs and the difficult task it is for Team UM to try and please people at the same time as trying to develop a solid foundation for their products first. And, the reason I am taking this on for so long is that other people need to see that it is not really good to just come and complain and not be proactive. You are willing to throw Crealty developers under the bus, but complain about Cura Devs not doing enough. That is why I encourage you to do something proactive and not just snipe at me. Just do something positive.

26 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

rather than continually bumping it back up to the top with replies that add nothing.

Willing to bet you did not see the link to the other thread, eh? The one that shows that Cura Devs need to focus on their customer base and needs first. That has been my message all along. It is you that are taking things personal. Simply, when you do something positive and not complain about my comments, then maybe I will take you serious. Until then, yeah, you are not coming off as much of someone who is really interested in solving the problem. Just someone who complains that another person is not on board. Quite frankly, I am hoping you will pick up the challenge and do something to earn a bit of respect.

29 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

I appreciate your original intent to help, but it quickly devolved into trying to label me as some ungrateful complainer and put me in a bucket with previous forum users you've encountered

Still ain't seeing you do anything but bitch about how bad you got it.

Here is the thing, I really do not care what you do, do not do or say. But,  I am entertaining this because I do not think it is good for people just think it is ok here to come in and dump on Cura Devs when they cannot even get proper service from the makers of their own 3rd party machines. And by 'thinking it is ok to come here and dump on Cura Devs", I mean specifically, taking up for them. I do believe that they, and others, should see that it is not Team UM's responsibility to solve other manufacturers issues before their own.

As for treating you like other people, again, I do not know you. Your posts are limited mainly to this thread and I have not seen you put up the effort. Quite frankly, if you were to put half this effort into solving the issue than rebutting me, then it would probably be done.

Other gave you code....have you put in the pull request yet?

So your intent is to make an example out of me, to try and prevent other users from ever doing such a terrible thing as making a suggestion without writing the code themselves? Do you not see how silly that sounds? I did not see the other thread. I get your point, and agree with a lot of what you're saying, but your approach is completely wrong. Why could you not simply let it go when I said I'd make a pull request? Other users in this thread were willing to dive into the issue and point me in the right direction, which is how you solve problems.

Until you actually do something, why should I even try to give you benefit of the doubt that you are not like them?

This is exactly the problem. If you cannot see past that, I cannot help you. It's not my fault that you aren't willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I have forked the repo and added a comment where I want to modify the code. What I originally wanted to do is simple enough and would work, but after reading in the code it said "It works well to set this in between the outer wall speed and the infill speed.", it made me think that maybe I could redo the code to calculate based on that instead. I threw a bookmark to the page on my desktop and went to do some other things for a while while I thought about it.

But yes, I'm a terrible person for not submitting that pull request already. You got me, kman. I'm a true atrocity to open source community, and should be banished eternally. You're the hero this community needs.

57 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

So your intent is to make an example out of me,

Paranoid much? Actually, I am doing as I stated....defending the Cura Devs.

58 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

This is exactly the problem. If you cannot see past that

This is not a problem. Just a lotta years watching people do what you are doing. Complaining and not doing anything. This is not seeing past it, just prove me wrong. I will be just as happy.

59 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

I cannot help you.

Do not want your help.

59 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

It's not my fault that you aren't willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Sure not proving me wrong either.

1 hour ago, d3c0de said:

But yes, I'm a terrible person for not submitting that pull request already.

Did not say that you are3 a terrible person. Just wondering why you spend so much time arguing instead of doing something proactive.

Bet this coulda been done by now if you just did it.

1 hour ago, d3c0de said:

I'm a true atrocity to open source community, and should be banished eternally. You're the hero this community needs.

Whine much? Just do it. Wow...how many times does that need to be said? And, by the way, I do proactive things here on the forum. Not just engage people like you.

Hey guys,

thanks for contributing to this question, but I think it is time to end the discussion here. We all agree that every effort of improving Cura is commendable, especially from new users so there is no need to speculate about intent when that intent was clearly stated by @d3c0de. There is also no need to get personal eventhough I understand that caring deeply about something leads to a protective behaviour.

We are all adults, so I am not asking you to shake hands and hug ?, but I'd like to ask you to leave the matter be and focus on making this forum the great place that it is, full of wisdom and respect.

• Thanks 1

I also agree that setting one wall speed 2X of the other is not a good default.  One speed is bound to be too slow and the other too fast.

I'm not sure but I suspect the UM printers inherit the generic profile so fixing it in the generic profile might mean someone has to check all the other hundreds of profiles to make sure it doesn't mess any of them up.

• Like 1