Gigeresque

cloakfiend

Well finally and failure....finally tried a second time to plate this oversize model i made and printed, but as soon as i took the last photo my hand slipped knocked into the model and smashed it onto the floor damaging the plate....oh well. its a sign i think, to let it go. I have another one anyway so im not that bothered. the solution was shot, im lucky it coated at alll! This is my re-imagination of a friends request to make his painting into a 3D version.

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

Gigeresque.png

• Like 1

Ya' know, the breaking part may make it look like really old, cracked metal. I know it was not the effect you went for, but it may be a nice stand alone thing that you can move it into a different direction for that piece only.

This does not obviate the need to do a clean one though :)

Looks good though! And, the slipping and breaking may just be a happy accident that leads to a different, unique look :)

You n' me both. But I do prefer to salvage things as well. Sometimes, it is not the intent, but it is a way to not have completley wasted all that time, effort and everything.

But, yeah, I hate that too with my own clumsiness. :)

1 minute ago, cloakfiend said:

I find the more careful i am the more likely things will go wrong. 

BWAH-hahahahahahahaha

I know!! Ain't that the truth?

I find if I do not 'think' many times when doing things like that, I work better on autopilot. You should have seen how many artboards I sliced to smithereens while learning to cut only the frisket and not the board. I did get to where it would only slice the film and not the paper coating, but wow.....took a while, and then I had to stop and just go zen on it when doing it.

Posted · Gigeresque

...and the polished pics...as its a gift i cant be bothered doing all the little bits, ive probably done more than expected anyway.

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

• Like 2

Posted · Gigeresque

and a before and after for a nice comparison!

20180806_200506.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloakfiend said:

20180806_200506.jpg

That is a very good comparison. Superior to other plating jobs I have seen.

• Like 1

Posted · Gigeresque

if we bump into each other again ill take you through it! join the alchemists circle. cloakfiend's  ultimate smoothing circle! ? haha

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

if we bump into each other again ill take you through it! join the alchemists circle. cloakfiend's  ultimate smoothing circle! ? haha

Actually, I would love that as it would open up new doors of exploration for me :)

On 8/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, cloakfiend said:

20180806_200506.jpg

The plated of course looks best.

But I think the unplated also looks cool. Maybe if you would use this smoothing method on Polyalchemy Elixir filament, or other copper/bronze colors (=not metal filled, but just with glitter particles in it like mica), it might also give an old worn or oxydated look? Without having to plate it?

I recently used Lacquer thinner on a Polyalchemy Elixir print and it sorta did ok. Was the first test. And you could see it smear colors from a darker to lighter area. Kinda like a water colour wash. Will be doing some more tests in the future. Will try acetone too since I have that as well.

Posted · Gigeresque

I dont have any polyalchemy filament. But ill try it on some of my colorfabb samples i have out of curiosity! 

I just got a ton of Polyalchemy Elixr. It is very pretty. Making a tone of Christmas ornaments out of it right now in all sorts of colors ?

Posted · Gigeresque

Im going to try other materials now and test other things out seeing as though i have a lot of samples around. Am interested in finally trying out some copper or bronzefill....and hitting it with some dremmel tips.

Posted · Gigeresque
    12 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

I just got a ton of Polyalchemy Elixr. It is very pretty. Making a tone of Christmas ornaments out of it right now in all sorts of colors ?

I'm expecting to see these ornaments Mr. Kman!

Although they are printing right now, I am trying to figure how to display them for pics to post. That and I have been on a designing spree with the beasties. I have not even tried to keep up with the number of designs. But, I want to try and capture how the light comes off this filament. It really is pretty.

Posted · Gigeresque

I've been doing more X-rated stuff, not sure who is going to see it apart from the people who commisioned it though. Such a shame.

I may make a cheeky vase v2, or breasty vase, or a private area vase? lol.

I spent hours taking apart agisoft scans. Its very irritating that it stacks scan data back to back rather than choosing the top level (as recap does) It makes capping and closing holes a real nightmare, not to mention crashing Zbrush a lot. There are many internal walls so the 3d proggie doesnt know which ones to cap and you just get vertex sex (total mess).