Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Torgeir

The end of Ultimaker2 (?) Update/Support.

Hi Folks,

In the Ultimaker Community Forum, I’ll assume that the roof is high so I go for some thoughts..

When I’ve read this, I do not understand any philosophy behind this.

This is the printer that’s known around as the most accurate mono color 3D printer,

“the 20 micron FDM printer” and will be in a long time.

This is the first “all” metal printer Ultimaker made, having a huge number of printing hour, that’s need to be used and supported because all this experience will benefit the other printers Ultimaker have (3). Well, I'll know UM2's life continue as a UM2+..

What I suggest is this: Why not have a special menu in the UM2+ firmware, where you can select a standard UM2 feeder? This will not be a big issue, as a standard UM2 then can use the 2+ firmware.

This will be a big benefit for those still operating a standard UM2.

Almost forgot, I’ve been using the Ohlson Block for a Year or so, same standard heater(25 W) and standard PT100. There is no difference I have noticed, -in my way of printing and I can do the full 10 mm3 flow/speed test with max temp only 209 Deg C. Oh yes, I’m using the “original UM2” firmware.

I hope this “small thing” can be “implemented” into UM2+ firmware and I’ll think it will be very appreciated by all the owners of an UM2.

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir.