CURA for Ultimaker 3+ Extended makes an unreadable file

RMISSION

Posted · CURA for Ultimaker 3+ Extended makes an unreadable file

I downloaded CURA for my Ultimaker 3+ Extended and when I import a file and convert it to gcode, the actual file is gcode.gz. I tries resaving the output file as gcode bt I get an error P26 message. I checked the part and it is well within the fabrication limits of the machine. What can I do?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The UM3 understands the .gcode.gz format so you should be able to just put the file on a USB stick and print it. Since a plain .gcode file is just text, zipping it with gzip saves a lot of space.

What happens if you print the .gcode.gz file?

Hi,

visiting https://ultimaker.com/ER26 redirects to:

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/23162-this-print-job-is-not-suitable-for-this-printer

Did you create an UM3+ Extended printer in Cura? Which version of Cura do you use?

If you use on of the new Cura versions (3.x), you could save your actual project as a .3mf file and attach it to this post so we can have a look.

The actual message on the Ultimaker is This part cannot be printed as this is not a suitable printer for this part. My part is 0.115" thick, .95" wide and 1.85" long. See attached file

CLIP B.stl

I downloaded the software version (only one I saw) and only use the drop down to select my printer (Ultimaker 3 extended). I do not see the Ultimaker 3+ extended in the drop down menu. I am using CURA 3.4.1

There is no Ultimaker 3+ extended, I just used your naming without thinking - sorry.

I can't tell what went wrong here. When I load your project, a new printer is created (Ultimaker 3 extended) but the part can not be sliced (see screenshot). I assume something went wrong with the printer creation.

If you don't have other printers defined in Cura, I would suggest to remove the actual version and install Cura 3.4.1 again. Then create a new printer (Ultimaker 3 extended), drag your .stl file (scal it since it is tiny - I guess inch<->cm issue), set the material to ABS (if you really want to print with ABS) and slice again.

Btw. I saw that you also set to print with support with PVA - but the combination ABS/PVA is not supported. I disabled "support" in Cura with your project but the problem still persisted.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 20.46.39.png