inside wall problem

bdp

Posted · inside wall problem

Hello, I am posting here because I am using Cura as my slicer (newest Mac version), however I am using Anycubic i3 Mega printer and Autodesk Fusion 360 CAD. Not sure which is causing the problem:

I successfully printed a section of a model boat hull (trying to make 4 sections), however later sections are having problems with the inner part of the wall - see photo. The print starts fine, but about 1 cm in height a portion of the inner wall does not print until about 10 cm horizontally when there is a curve in the hull. The print returns to normal in about another 3 cm vertical, though the inner and outer surfaces of the wall are not adhering. I did make a few minor modifications to the design, but nothing on this wall. I've tried slowing the printing, completely redone the design, and get the same results.

Any thoughts on how to correct?IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.1705d5a746927c0be310bee07e2a0268.JPG

Hi and welcome to the forums.

This looks to me like a printer/filament problem. Since the print recovered further up, it looks like something lead to under extrusion. This can have several causes. Most likely temperature was not stable or the filament tangled or did not despool correctly.

Can you share the .stl file so we can take a look?

Ok, I wanted to see if the outer wall is sloped or if there are any ridges on the surface. The model looks good though.

I still think it is a printer problem. If it came out right the first time and assuming that you haven't changed the .gcode file, then it must be something related to the printer.

I am not familiar with the i3 but if you have the equipment to do so, it might be a good idea to create a narrow but tall test object and print it. Then either watch the printer or record it to see if there are any suspicious movements or sounds when the problem occurs.