Cura 3.4.1: Problem stacking models

le_avion

Posted · Cura 3.4.1: Problem stacking models

I have two models, both look like a ring. I would like each to print with a different nozzle, i.e. the 1st with nozzle 1 (red) and the 2nd with nozzle 2 (black) but I need them to print as one object with 2 colors.

Here is my problem: I import both stl files into Cura and then try to stack one model over the other so they print as one. When I move the 2nd model over the 1st, with X and Y set to 0 and Z set to the top of the 1st model Cura resets the z value to 0 so the model drops into the 1st one. 

I am sure there is a way to accomplish what I am trying to do but I am not sure how. Suggestions please...

Posted · Cura 3.4.1: Problem stacking models

Go to the preferences section and look at the general settings. There you will find "Automatically drop models on buildplate." Uncheck that and you can place them on any desired height.

Also, just to be sure, if you want one to be one nozzle and the other to be another, select the model and click the nozzle selection on the left hand side in the tool box.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies