Print failed

santiego

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker 3 extended and am having some difficulties 
It began with a USB problem that didnt go through, I then used Wifi.
After awhile the screen stated the following:
"Print failed. carefully remove the print form from the build plate".

I have removed the build plate and also tried to turn the power off. 
When it starts it says the the same thing. 

Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated!

Thank you,
bye

That is a bit vague. Can you provide details? Is it only that file? Was the USB bad? Did the USB even show up? When you say "It didn't go through," what does that mean? Did not start, did not show up in the print selection?

Kinda need details.

Posted · Print failed

Thank-you for responding

1-The USB did NOT show up 
    2-I switched to Wifi
    3-It was working good and printed what I wanted
    4-after awhile "print failed. carefully remove the print form from the build plate" showed up 
    5-since then I cant get it to do anything even with restarting it. I havent been able to use it for months. Everytime I turn it on it says the same thing "Print failed ect"

Let me know if I need to be more clear, i appreciate you trying to help.

44 minutes ago, santiego said:

1-The USB did NOT show up 

Did you try a different USB?

What region are you in? It may be time to contact your service rep for this as it is highly unusual.

It is strange to not get some sort of information other than 'print failed.' usually it would present some sort of error code or 'detected move  outside region" or something like that.

No other print works?

I am tagging @fbrc8-erin to see if she has seen anything like this before.

I have had failures, but always with an error message. And, never an issue with starting a new print.

If your printer is stuck on the print failed screen every time you turn it back on, you'll want to try a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, you may need to reflash the Olimex board with a microSD card. @gr5 has posted instructions on that here: 

For the USB not reading--you may want to access the Ulticontroller and Olimex and make sure the USB cable is actually fully seated. There's a black USB cable that runs from the Ulticontroller to the Olimex board, and a double flat braided cable that runs between the two. It's important for them to both be seated all the way.

The print failed message could have been a very very brief power outage. I've seen it once or twice.

• Like 1

Posted · Print failed
    Perfect, I appreciate all the feedback. 
    I’ll start working on it! 
    Thank you 

hiya,

when you say USB, is that cable or card? if cable and using win10, it never worked for me. if using cable with USB 3.0 also doesnt work.

Have you checked the flavour in the setting in cura.  should be griffin.

just somethings I've come across

• Like 1

Posted · Print failed

Thank you so much for all your help!

I got it to work!