Ultimaker 2+ with Octoprint

WillBe3584

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ with Octoprint

Hello,

I'm trying to get Octoprint to work with my Ultimaker 2+, but to no success. I've finished the Octoprint setup, but nothing will print.

I'm using Cura for my slicing and RepRap Marlin. I've set up starting and ending G-code, which works well. However, I always get a warning message on the printer saying 'This file will override settings from the slicer'. My issue is that the printer's display is stuck at 'Printing from USB', so I can't do anything. I assume this warning is displayed because I'm not using UltiCode.

TL;DR: It will run my starting and ending G-code, but I can't get past a warning dialog to print the bread and butter.

I've scoured the forums, but couldn't find anything that worked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

First of all: Welcome to the forum!

Well, you'll get the warning message on the printer if you start a non-UltiGCode file from the sdcard, that's normal. It should switch to the 'printing' screen as soon as you choose 'Continue'. You said the start script is processed, so i guess you get at least that far?

You'll get the 'Printing from USB' screen as soon as serial data is read from the USB connection. That's normal too, because everything is controlled from the print server (Octoprint) from now on.

Is it possible that you just have to wait until the printer is heated up to the target temperatures that you've set in the start script (hopefully...).

8 hours ago, WillBe3584 said:

but I can't get past a warning dialog to print the bread and butter.

Which warning dialog (in Octoprint)? Can you elaborate this a bit more?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, WillBe3584 said:

'This file will override settings from the slicer'

That was the dialog I was talking about. However, I tried manually preheating the printer before opening the file, and that seemed to bypass the issue.

Thanks for your help!