Carla_Birch

Replacement S5 glass build plate?

Posted · Replacement S5 glass build plate?

Yeah I have sent one of them a email where I got the printer from asking as none of them list the part on the site and they are getting back to me ?

Our reseller says they can't give us any availability date... this is actually quite frustrating! What do we do if the current build plate breaks? Organize some glass sheet from somewhere? I find this ridiculous for a 6000+€ machine...

If the glass breaks then send it back maybe.  Or threaten to.  I doubt it will break though.  I have been printing on glass since the Um2 came out a few years ago.  All 7 of my printers have glass.  Haven't had to replace one yet.  I've had a few chips come out and had to flip some over.  Hopefully your reseller will have some extra by then.  Keep bugging your reseller for now or contact a larger reseller in the area.

I know two people who - as part of their process - take the glass off as soon as every print is done and put on a fresh glass and start the next print while waiting for the previous print to cool.  They have both been able to get spare glass for the S5 but one of them I think got non-ultimaker glass from some 3rd party.

Posted (edited) · Replacement S5 glass build plate?

Yeah that’s why I want a replacement for because I take it off the printer why it cools and put another in to start printing the next item on my other printers. Hopefully they will be able to get some.

Edited by Carla_Birch

I would most definitely desire an official UM glass plate. But, ya gotta have spares to either speed the process of printing or, well, just in case.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll order one or two at makerpoint - hadn't been looking for resellers in the Netherlands, but since its in the E.U. too, shipping shouldn't be a problem.

29 minutes ago, SandervG said:

Hi @Carla_Birch, that you ordered them via NL does it mean you could not get them via your reseller?

The reseller was looking into how long it would take to get hold of them as they don’t stock them, so I just ordered from NL as they come within a few days anyway ?

On 10/1/2018 at 4:15 PM, SandervG said:

Hi @Carla_Birch, that you ordered them via NL does it mean you could not get them via your reseller?

On 10/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, Carla_Birch said:

The reseller was looking into how long it would take to get hold of them as they don’t stock them, so I just ordered from NL as they come within a few days anyway ?

Did these buildplates fit the S5?

I've been struggling trying to get replacement build plates from the UK resellers for the last 3 months (they've sent me multiple wrong ultimaker glass plates or just disappeared) after mine ended up delaminating on one side.

15 minutes ago, BUZZPRO said:

Did these buildplates fit the S5?

I've been struggling trying to get replacement build plates from the UK resellers for the last 3 months (they've sent me multiple wrong ultimaker glass plates or just disappeared) after mine ended up delaminating on one side.

Yep they are official Ultimaker S5 ones.

2 minutes ago, Carla_Birch said:

Yep they are official Ultimaker S5 ones.

Amazing thank you! Ordering some of those right now