Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
yyh1002

DXU - Efficient Dual Extrusion Upgrade for UM2+

This setup looks great. I’ve read through all the files and looked at the stl files. I am trying to make this work on my umo+.

Since the um2 and umo+ share a lot of the same hardware. I figured it wouldn’t be too much adjusting. I was thinking maybe something like this 

-Print x mirrored stl files

-Use the same hardware from the bom 

-Slight tweaks on the firmware

-Do I need um2+ upgrade on the umo+ to start off with?

i don’t mean to bust in on the thread but figured this would be the best place to start

On 11/26/2018 at 11:58 AM, ProSharp said:

-Print x mirrored stl files

-Use the same hardware from the bom 

-Slight tweaks on the firmware

-Do I need um2+ upgrade on the umo+ to start off with?

I think you might need to swap the plywood sliding blocks with UM2 nylon blocks because the cross shaft on UMO is the other way around. 

No need to get the UM2+ extrusion upgrade. 90% of the parts on printhead are useless for this setup. 

3 hours ago, mmame said:

I tried to order the required hotend kit from taobao but unfortunately, the seller didn't react for weeks. As long as there is no other source for the hotend kit, it looks like we're lost.... 😞

Normally the seller is very responsive, something probably went wrong. Taobao is a local marketplace, unlike Aliexpress. Sellers ship items overseas through the Taobao's official parcel transfer service. Sellers normally don't directly sent international mail. It's possible that sometime the order is not placed correctly. If you would like to PM me your order number, I'm happy to check with the seller what's going on for you. 

On 12/8/2018 at 12:31 AM, yyh1002 said:

Normally the seller is very responsive, something probably went wrong. [...]If you would like to PM me your order number, I'm happy to check with the seller what's going on for you. 

Thanks for the support! Items were out of stock and taobao messaging function didn't work as expected. Everything went well. By the way, the hotend seems to be back in stock 😉

On 1/10/2019 at 12:23 PM, DanielSun said:

Hi,

today I got my parts for the DXU update.

Now I have to order a few parts like the bearings and than let it rock 🙂

I will post a few pictures when the update is build.

Best wishes from Germany 

IMG_20190110_114302.thumb.jpg.cbc05ac80d15c137bfde61130ad32409.jpg

Nice 

Can you help me to get this parts what are on the picture?
i live in switzerland 😉

On 1/13/2019 at 9:07 PM, Flowbey said:

Nice 

Can you help me to get this parts what are on the picture?
i live in switzerland 😉

Hi, 

you have to look for an agent wich orders for you.

I make a lot with CNC's and buy all from one seller over Aliexpress and I asked him if he would order it for me and send it to me.

But look for an agent service they will amount a few euro and will send it to you.

Best wishes

Daniel