Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

DXU - Efficient Dual Extrusion Upgrade for UM2+

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys,   I would like to share a lever action dual extrusion solution I came up with for Ultimaker 2+. The approach is based on the great effort everyone put into Mark2 and Ultimaker

Some recent timelapse and photos of DXU.    

Below the sample printing video with PLA+PVA after modification.      

Posted Images

Posted · DXU - Efficient Dual Extrusion Upgrade for UM2+
On 11/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, Benleo888 said:

Let me consolidate all related files and upload to Thingiverse, however, apart from those plastic parts (you can print by yourself with ABS), some metal parts also need to be modified and which may not easy for everyone, you can refer to the photos I attached below, I also upload more photos of my mod for reference.

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_20201113_113248.jpg

IMG_20201113_113413.jpg

IMG_20201113_113333.jpg

IMG_20201113_113352.jpg

Thank you for your design, I am trying a variation of it to keep the spring inside and not to reduce the cooling rings. please check the photos - if you modify the head bottom section to incorporate the spring adapter is even easier. let me know your comments. The drilling is easy and works great.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

Posted · DXU - Efficient Dual Extrusion Upgrade for UM2+
    On 12/1/2020 at 4:58 AM, Garufa said:

Thank you for your design, I am trying a variation of it to keep the spring inside and not to reduce the cooling rings. please check the photos - if you modify the head bottom section to incorporate the spring adapter is even easier. let me know your comments. The drilling is easy and works great.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

Basically, I don't understand how your design work, but my design is try to not modify the metal parts, because they can help to hold the extruder in position and only allow it move up and down.