New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5

SandervG

Posted · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5
54 minutes ago, Adam324 said:

Sometimes it would go through the object if there are holes and end up trying to support something further up.

Indeed - it tries to support the three holes further up. It's more obvious if you switch back to "Support Placement = Everywhere".

I guess it's a bug (kind of...)

You can add a support blocker on this side though...

I tried using blocker. Seems like it has a bug also as it did not work. Maybe if I set them in the holes... This is not kind of a bug it is a big bug 

I took a look. All surfaces that look planar, are so. No holes in the areas of odd support. Object is fully manifold. What it is doing is trying to align with the holes in the top of the object (by orientation of printing) as if trying to get to them to support them.

Posted (edited) · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5
    1 hour ago, R3D said:

I tried using blocker. Seems like it has a bug also as it did not work. Maybe if I set them in the holes... This is not kind of a bug it is a big bug 

Yea.  You have to put the blocker up in the hole as that is what it is probably trying to support.

If you only show 'Show Helpers', It is strange that it just stops.  It is not obvious it is trying to go up higher.  Definitely looks like a bug of some kind.

I tested it on 3.4.1 also and that support doesn't appear on 3.4.1.

Edited by Adam324
    • Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam324 said:

Definitely looks like a bug of some kind.

I am going to have to agree that this is a bug if it is trying to support a hole that does not jut out. if you increase the support horizontal expansion, it should be able to reach up to the holes, but not what is happening.

Graphic driver crash.
    After while the video display (octoprint video stream) flicker, a few seconds later the graphic driver crash.

With Cura 3.4.xxx no problems.

Grafic: Nvidea

guys why do we have to do a fresh installation of Cura each time there is a new release? Cant you make it so that its an update instead? nothing transfers over to the new installation and its kinda annoying having to redo everything again.

9 hours ago, Bigbrit said:

guys why do we have to do a fresh installation of Cura each time there is a new release?

You don't. The idea is that Cura takes the configuration from the last version and upgrades it on the first launch of a new version. Is that not what's happening for you?

Cura 3.5 fixed my "pause at height" issue with my S5, but now it seems to cause a "pause at height" issue with my UM 2+

The nozzle does not cool to the specified standby temp after the pause. It stays at the printing temp and of course makes a mess.

I tried a lot with version 3.5.0 over the weekend. After I had deleted all definitions for material and printers many error messages are gone when starting the program.
    The extremely slow speed doesn't change (mac osx 10.11.6). Every time I open a menu and it builds up very slowly the line "DEBUG - [MainThread] cura.AutoSave._onTimeout [48]: Autosaving preferences, instances and profiles" is displayed in stderr.log.
    I have added the stderr.log to my file

++

ralf

stderr.log.zip

• Like 1

MORE BUGS - Supports

So again there are some very wrong stuff going on. Now printing supports where it is not sliced..

20181008_181548.thumb.jpg.8e5847c487103113fe8a6a9b6a585cd7.jpg20181008_182006.thumb.jpg.2fa71ec7fc3d3788777df1bc6fe2c81e.jpg

On 10/5/2018 at 2:40 AM, lfei said:

Hi @James777, could you send us your cura configuration directory? It's in your user directory "C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\cura". Thanks in advance.

I was out of town for a bit, but I am back now. Here is the cura directory with both versions.

As i mentioned before; I did try to copy the definitions from 3.4.1 to 3.5.0. That is why there is a backup of the original 3.5.0 directory. I did this trick to copy my settings from my laptop to my desktop installations of cura a few weeks back which worked great. I thought it might work for 3.5.0.

cura James777.zip

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, jonnyplastic said:

Curs 3.5 is soooooo sloooooow on my core 2 duo iMac running El Cap. Tons of pinwheels in layer mode. I think I'll have to switch back to 3.4x until this gets ironed out.

Even 3.4 is sloow on a Mac if you are used to the speed of S3D...the UI is decent...but could be alot better...slicing though...that takes forever. Using Cura makes the coffe machine work hard as there is a lot of waiting involved ?

10 hours ago, James777 said:

I was out of town for a bit, but I am back now. Here is the cura directory with both versions.

As i mentioned before; I did try to copy the definitions from 3.4.1 to 3.5.0. That is why there is a backup of the original 3.5.0 directory. I did this trick to copy my settings from my laptop to my desktop installations of cura a few weeks back which worked great. I thought it might work for 3.5.0.

cura James777.zip

Hi @James777, thanks for the files, but unfortunately they are not the data files... Looks like they are the files in your "C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\cura". Could you check and send the files in "AppData\Roaming\cura"? Thanks again.

Hi all,

FYI, we have found that cause of material diameter problem on Creality Ender 3 in Cura 3.5, which by default will be 2.85mm instead of 1.75mm. For developers, the JIRA ticket for this problem is CURA-5806.

45 minutes ago, lfei said:

Hi all,

FYI, we have found that cause of material diameter problem on Creality Ender 3 in Cura 3.5, which by default will be 2.85mm instead of 1.75mm. For developers, the JIRA ticket for this problem is CURA-5806.

I tried to change the diameter to 1.75 manually. When I go to check the settings it still says the diameter is set to 1.75 but when I print it is still underextruding extremely much so apparently it doesn't change the setting where it matters.

Also, when I hit "print" the temperature always jumps to 210 degrees eventhough I have sliced it with a 190 degree setting.

All this is on Marlin firmware and Cure 3.5.
    Cura version 3.4.1 works without a problem on the same model and settings.

3.5 seems to "work" fine for me, but it will crash every 20-30 minutes or so. No error or anything, it just closes.

13 hours ago, lfei said:

Hi @James777, thanks for the files, but unfortunately they are not the data files... Looks like they are the files in your "C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\cura". Could you check and send the files in "AppData\Roaming\cura"? Thanks again.

Yeah, must of mixed it up. Here's the other directory.

Roaming.cura.James777.zip

Posted (edited) · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5

To me the only slowdown is when opening cura, it needs more than 30 seconds even with a good PC and an SSD. Well, leaving alone the tree supports generation.

Edited by redslifer

7 hours ago, James777 said:

Yeah, must of mixed it up. Here's the other directory.

Roaming.cura.James777.zip

Hi @James777, no sure what happened, but in the 3.5 folder, your custom qualities are indeed missing. I tried removing the 3.5 folder and then start Cura 3.5, which will upgrade using your existing 3.4 folder, and that worked for me. Could you try that, too?

1. Remove the following folders:
      • C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.5
      • C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\cura\3.5
    2. Start Cura 3.5

I'm having some trouble with Cura 3.5.

Since updating, I have discovered a memory leak that comes up sometimes while printing over the network.

My PC has 32gb of ram and no other programs were open during the spike, but all 32gb of ram were being used until I closed Cura.

Any advice on a fix?

3.5 quits on start. Fresh install on OS X 10.9.5 (NIVIDA GeForce 9600 GT)

Going back to 3.4.1 is fine (with some limitations).

We are work hard on a bug fix release. Please try and give us some feedback:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5IvTu1iM1pNMnE5YnlwZUlRSUE?usp=sharing

• Like 1

The 3.5.1 beta works fine for me!

The problem with loading .stl files under Win10 from external drives is resolved.

Tested with a VeraCrypt partion and a normal USB stick. No crashes anymore.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who is still having below problem with Cura 3.5? 

Error_message_1.jpg.8851c4a7fa893788cfe4feffff8847d6.jpg

Error_message_2.jpg.cf0673a72230d4c0d29fc0ba0acc2234.jpg

I have Ultimaker 3 extended, and I am facing this problem since Cura 3.3.1. 

Currently i am using a fix, suggested by @WaldoPepper99 , on this post https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/23272-issue-with-cura-331/?do=findComment&comment=211986 

I thought, it will be solved by now.