New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5

SandervG

Posted · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5
2 hours ago, Nklerk said:

Hi All,

I'm a noob so bare with me, I've installed 4.5.1 and i'm having startup issues. The application only start's once after installation.

What i'm doing:

1. Open "Ultimaker Cura-3.5.1-win64.exe"
  2. Select Yes to remove the former installation
  3. Select Yes to remove the configuration files. (if i don't i cant start cura)
  4. Finish installation with default parameters.
  5. After the installation Cura is launched.
  6. I select my printer (Creality Ender-3)
  7. <Cura works normal at this point and i can slice>
  8. I close the cura application.
    cura.exe is not active in Task Manager so really closed.
  9. I start cura, but it wil not start.
    No popup loading screen,
    No taskbar icon.
    cura.exe is active in Task Manager.
  10. I cant start cura in any way. tried rebooting, run as Admin. Only a full re-install works (for one time then it doesn't again)

I'm running cura on a windows 10 x64 surface pro 4 [Windows Version 10.0.17763.55]

Can you share your logs?

6 hours ago, nallath said:

Can you share your logs?

Yeah sure, Unfortunatly i can't find anything usefull. I had cura open today and just closed it (~19:00) and restarted it but after that no new logging. i've included it anyway.

stderr.log & stdout.log are empty.

config file content:

[gcodereader]

[um3networkprinting]

[cura]
    active_machine = Creality Ender-3

[layerview]

[physics]

[backend]

[local_file]

[mesh]

[general]
    latest_version_changelog_shown = 3.5.1
    window_width = 1680
    visible_settings = machine_settings;resolution;layer_height;shell;wall_thickness;wall_line_count;top_bottom_thickness;top_thickness;top_layers;bottom_thickness;bottom_layers;xy_offset;infill;infill_sparse_density;infill_pattern;material;material_print_temperature;material_bed_temperature;retraction_enable;speed;speed_print;travel;retraction_hop_enabled;cooling;cool_fan_enabled;cool_fan_speed;support;support_enable;support_extruder_nr;support_type;support_angle;platform_adhesion;prime_blob_enable;adhesion_type;adhesion_extruder_nr;dual;prime_tower_enable;prime_tower_position_x;prime_tower_position_y;meshfix;blackmagic;experimental
    window_state = 2
    accepted_user_agreement = True
    version = 6
    window_height = 1200

[view]

[info]

[metadata]
    setting_version = 5

cura.log

I was reinstalling Cura to be able to start it again. but now that didn't work. so i used process hacker to see whats going on.

after playing with the process (closing and starting the process) i got it started.

It either directly shows the loading screen, in that case it will start or it won't show the loading screen and then the process will stay in background and doesn't start the CuraEngine.exe

I've marked the process in red that didn't come through and in green the process that did start. In between nothing changed only starting the Cura.exe process.

I reinstalled Cura 3 times and the only way i could get it running was reinstalling it with deleting the preferences. seems that might just have been a coincidence.

Another thing i noticed that could be helpfull is that stderr.log & stdout.log do get modified when the process fails. the file date gets updated, the content stays as it is though.

Annotation.png

Hi Guy's, I might have an idea where the issues i am facing come from.

Does cura start with some network checks or connections to the internet?

Thing is that yesterday evening i noticed i couldn't use the windows store app, also Edge didn't work, They where saying i had no network connection to the internet. I wikr in the network industy so i knew with 100% certainty that i do had a valid and stable internet connection. This seems weird as i now had 3 applications that had issues while others just work fine. I normally don't use Edge or the Store so i didn't knew when these issues started. I figured out that enabling the IPv6 network stack solved the Edge and Store issues, wich is weird as i don't have a IPv6 network in place and my internet provider only supports v4. Then i found this -> https://betanews.com/2018/10/05/windows-10-october-2018-update-breaks-microsoft-edge/

Multiple applications seem to suffer from this windows 10 bug, could Cura be one of them? I've started Cura succesfully ever since i enabled IPv6.

I haven't encountered startup issues on Cura 3.4.1 with this windows 10 build.

I hope this helps and not further confuses things as it confuses me.

I had to go back to 3.4.1. I seem to have the memory leak issue with 3.5.1 that made everything unusable.

Posted (edited) · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5

Moved to proper thread......

Edited by kmanstudios

We’re aware some people are seeing a memory leak, but are having trouble reproducing it.

That’s why I created a separate thread to try to get this fixed:

We do need your help though.

• Thanks 1

Apparently there is some sort of limit on loading saved project files by way of file size.

I can load a series of individual objects.Merge, perform all operations, slice, send to cura connect, save, et al, but it will not load the resulting file if it is above about 150MB.

So, ops ok. Saving ok. Reloading file is a no go. Says to bring in project or import models. Just sits there for a while once it hangs a bit in a seeming load, but does not actually load.

THEN when I reimport the models from the original STL files, it give me the actual project file name.

The printing time estimate is wrong on both 3.5 and 3.5.1. I started a print Friday that was supposed to take 1d 20h 47 mins. Sliced in both win8 and win10, on Cura 3.5 and 3.5.1, printed using UM PLA white and PVA support, standard settings with 0.06mm layer height. Slicing always gave me the same estimate on both computers, but it took about 5 hours more than what was estimated.

I cannot post the stl as this is a print for a customer and I'm not authorized to share the file.

First time that I personally see such a discrepancy between estimate and real printing time, I know others have had the problem from time to time. I've had prints, even long ones, take a few minutes more than the estimate, but 5 hours is a first for me.

Cannot see options in UI.....?

GreaTestingOnTheUIFolks.thumb.jpg.0491666a99274d08aadb971725f8a357.jpg

Posted (edited) · New: Ultimaker Cura 3.5

And, further with Cura Disconnect:

CuraDisconnect.thumb.jpg.5afc813fec1d257871804e6b891ae2f4.jpg

Print was removed. Stupid lights flashing at me giving me a headache and it is telling me to clear the buildplate AND that it needs an override. Yeah, I went to the browser because I wanted to be able to read it all. But, instead, I got this.

Edited by kmanstudios

Hiya all,

just wondering what on god's green one is "sending new print jobs (temporarily) Blocked...." meant to mean. is there an idiots guide that explains this?

I am connected to the printer with 3.5.11323322505_Curaerror.thumb.jpg.0de9d270bef847eba9affc1519c96984.jpg

Cheers guys and gals

It means that even though the little boxes are telling it has been sent, and then they are gone, it is not finished sending. Kinda like it lies to you about actual progress.

Ain't it fun to guess on this stuff?

It's annoying to be honest. 

it's like the error on the printer that leads to nothing, go to web page and it tells me nothing..

for some reasing I have nothing in my que, nothing on the printer. simply put there is nothing going at all. nothing sent and the que manager doesn't load up. although cura says I am connected to my printer I can't get to it through web browser using IP address. 

17 minutes ago, rebekah_harper said:

for some reasing I have nothing in my que, nothing on the printer. simply put there is nothing going at all. nothing sent and the que manager doesn't load up. although cura says I am connected to my printer I can't get to it through web browser using IP address.  

That is new to me. I have only seen it when I have sent something and then have to way up to five or more minutes before something will pass through. It is a bit of a guessing game on sent progress, but what  you describe is new to me.

well it's on the JPEG and it's new to me too.  and without some guide to error messages or clickable error message to find out more so I can resolve the issue, I have no idea. 

just to show where I am at.

506430661_curakeepguessing.thumb.jpg.6c58cc7754d19f51569dcc677202ef31.jpg1157832057_Curawheresmyprinter.thumb.jpg.f1bbd6cdc7162344181d8ce9c891bab6.jpg1317831898_CuraImconnected.thumb.jpg.02cc3af8f319abbdae5ecc0785e1f573.jpg

After your last screen is where I have had to input the IP address.

To mkae matterws worse, I still get the image previews for the S5 on the files I send, but still get no images on the UM3E Cura Connects.

We just had a firmware and software upgrade...why are they not acting the same?

2 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Cura Disconnect:.

OMG.  This is gold!

If it continues any longer it will end up being a meme.

Hope they sort this out, it's bloody annoying.

Yeah, with the software upgrade, I was hoping a couple of things would be fixed.

1. The aforementioned image previews lacking for anything but the S5. I am hoping they come along because I can see, at a quick glance, what is printing.
    2. Why, oh why, oh why does the S5 connection have to kill a print job anytime there is a 'difference in height' error? This is a real pain in the patootie. I have to go back and reload the job. Sometimes many times because it is just an error in the sensor readings and not an actual nozzle issue. I know this becuaswe I clean be bejeezuz outta my nozzles and when the plate does not even go to the nozzle and still give the error, well, then it is just an error.

Now imagine being on one floor and having to go to another floor just to reload the file. The UM3Es do not do this. they just give you time to check, clean and it starts over again.

And, no, I do not want that to be a meme.....it was just being flip when extremely aggravated. Figured flip was better than just venting.

well I am not getting it at all. 

I know the team is decent and not a bunch of clowns plus with a lot of outside support. 

I am surprised and getting frustrated. 

just to add a little more to the mix.  some printer profiles are representative of the actual printer. 

the main one is WANHAO D4S, this is a dual extruder printer but the profile is a single extruder.  There is no way of changing the number of extruders that I can find on the machine settings page. so how can a dual extruder printer work with only a single extruder profile. ??

My interest is that I am helping a friend of mine how has my old Wanhao and I recommended 3.5 but am looking a bit of prat now. ? 

17 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

And, further with Cura Disconnect:

??

I had to reboot Cura Connect recently, it kept telling me an old print job was finished and to remove it from the build plate. It was annoying, though it didn't prevented me from printing. A quick reboot o cura connect cleared the problem.

3 hours ago, Brulti said:

I had to reboot Cura Connect recently, it kept telling me an old print job was finished and to remove it from the build plate. It was annoying, though it didn't prevented me from printing. A quick reboot o cura connect cleared the problem.

Yes, I have to do this every few prints and someone told me that this should be fixed with the next firmware release. So hopefully it gets really better. For the moment I don't care much about Cura Connect, I can still send my prints to the printer and only the status is wrong. Only downside is, that you are also not able to abort the current print job, because Cura Connect thinks you still have to remove the object from the build plate.

• Like 1

anyone problems with opengl on nvidia cards?

after updating to 3.5.1 it states that opengl 2.0 s missing.

the integrated intel card works.