Cura 3.5 GCode always works at 210º nozzle.

Pepe333

Posted · Cura 3.5 GCode always works at 210º nozzle.

Hi all,
I just installed the 3.5 version, but when generate GCode, the printer always work at 210º nozzle, no matter whicjh temp you select on Cura.
Generating GCode from 3.4 version works properly.
Printer is an Ender 3.

• Like 1

I am experiencing the issue in 3.5. When I try to define my print temperature in my start gcode, it always sets to 210C for both extruders. The code I am using for my extruder temperature setting is:

M104 S{material_print_temperature} T0

M104 S{material_print_temperature} T1

Here is the resulting gcode:

M104 S210 T0

M104 S210 T1

I have set (using the GUI) extruder 1 to 235C and extruder 2 to 200C. Am I using the correct variable, {material_print_temperature}, in my startup code?

• Like 1

You can specify the extruder number in the replacement pattern like so:

M104 S{material_print_temperature, 0} T0
M104 S{material_print_temperature, 1} T1 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm the error reported by Pepe333 and DHQidiTech1 - it seems that the syntax has changed due to the new dual-extrusion logic.

I used to have (pre 3.5)

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0}

and this output 210° in 3.5

I can confirm that changing this to (re. ahoeben's post above)

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0, 0}

will now output the correct temperature (and not 210°).

The same is true for material_print_temperature.

Note: There is no syntax change for material_bed_temperatures

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.5 GCode always works at 210º nozzle.

Is there a chance it's using the "standby temperature"?

I was going to make my own topic, my first layers are printing at the standby temp - trashing the filament which won't extrude. (for me, specifically it is printing with the 2nd extruder at the 2nd extruder's standby temp)

Edited by AbeFM

On 10/5/2018 at 12:34 PM, FanDjango said:

it seems that the syntax has changed due to the new dual-extrusion logic.

Note that as far as I know, this change is unintended. IE: this is a bug (with a workaround).

The 210 value that is being used now is from the "global" stack, instead of coming from the "extruder" stack. As you can imagine, printing temperatures differ per material, and because different extruders can have different materials, and different extruder print at different times, the extruder temperatures need to be defined "per extruder". However, the bed can only have one temperatures, and that is stored in a "global" setting (which is evetually calculated from the values specified per material, so per extruder). It seems that in 3.5 the material_print_temperature is taken from that global set of settings, instead of taking it from the extruder set of settings. With the {... , 0} syntax (which was introduced in... 3.1 I think), you force the value being taken from the first extruder.

I was able to get the correct temperature pulled into my gcode using {material_print_temperature, <extruder number>} (thank you, ahoeben). The problem I am having at the moment is that the filament isn't coming out of the nozzle for the first several passes on the first layer. I am not sure where that issue is even addressed yet.

You were ok before? You might just need some more priming, but perhaps it's been (inadvertently) removed?

I was pointing out that mine started with a temperature NOT defined under EXT0 at all, in the hopes this helps developers track it down. Mine was most definitely printing with the EXT1 standby temp on the BRIM printed with EXT1.

I'm seeing the same behavior.  I always get 210 deg in my gcode regardless of what extruder temp I set.  For printing PETG, I'm having to edit the gcode and change the temp setting to 240 deg manually.

I don't know if it was okay before. I wasn't trying to print anything until I got the correct temp in the gcode. Now I need to figure out why my printer is not printing the complete first layer. Using different slicers doesn't generate the same problem. I need to first determine if there is a problem created when I convert the gcode to X3G or if it is the gcode the is the problem. I am not really sure where to start yet. I need to do some research.

Edited by DHQidiTech1

I can confirm this bug. But sometimes the temperature is set correct but I didn't find out when this happens. :(

I set up a print with PLA, ABS, and PETG, all with different nozzle temperatures. In all three cases, the GCODE has M104 210 and M109 210 prior to the print (I'm using brim) and appears to bump the temp to what was specified once the print begins. 3.4.1 does not have this behavior.

If you have M104/109 in your Start G-Code: take it out. This is the source of the issue on my i3. Once removed the temp is properly set.

I took this out completely:

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; set extruder temp
    M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; wait for extruder temp

I left in the bed temperature settings:

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; set bed temp
    M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; wait for bed temp

Edited by mc1457

If you want to set the extruder temperature in your Start G-code, you need to define it as {material_print_temperature, <extruder#>}. So, to set the print temperature for extuder #1 the code would be:

M104 S{material_print_temperature, 0} T0 ;Set extruder 1 to print temperature

M109 S{material_print_temperature, 0} T0 ;Stabilize extruder 1 print temperature

For extruder #2:

M104 S{material_print_temperature, 1} T1 ;Set extruder 2 to print temperature

M109 S{material_print_temperature, 1} T1 ;Stabilize extruder 2 print temperature

This was a regression in 3.5. It has been reported on GitHub as well and will be fixed in the next release.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, DHQidiTech1 said:

I don't know if it was okay before. I wasn't trying to print anything until I got the correct temp in the gcode. Now I need to figure out why my printer is not printing the complete first layer. Using different slicers doesn't generate the same problem. I need to first determine if there is a problem created when I convert the gcode to X3G or if it is the gcode the is the problem. I am not really sure where to start yet. I need to do some research.

On a S5

We noticed something similar; both Print Cores has the red leds glowing  throughout the active bed leveling and then there was no print blob and weak first PLA layer. Then when it was time for PVA it went to the corner and again no print blob and it took several several seconds into the print before anything extruded.

We aborted the print and tried again and we saw a print blob the second time but it only began to extrude towards the very end when the bed lowers just before the head moves into print position. Very little material extruded and when the PVA extruded it is as brown as if cooked in the tip.

Not good 

No such issue with Cura 3.4.1 

I already started a new thread and the problem was solved. Is there a way I can delete my last post in this thread?

Done.