Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Adam324

Resolved - 3.5 Unable to slice.. doesn't fit error but it does fit (works with 3.4.1 too)

I loaded a model that fits inside the bed at 80% size (207.7 x 290.4 x 74.6mm on a 300x300x400 bed) and used Arrange All Models but Cura 3.5 says it is unable to slice because it doesn't fit.  I had previously figured out that 80% size would fit with Cura 3.4.1 and I am able to slice it in Cura 3.4.1.  Reducing it to 80% and with it centered on the bed, Cura 3.5 just gives the error about not fitting the bed.  If I look all around the object it is definitely inside the bed area and I used Arrange All Models to make sure.

Here are pictures of 3.4.1 and 3.5 as well as the STL file.

3.4.1 that doesn't give the fit error.

cura3.4.1.PNG

This is 3.5 and gives an error about unable to slice.

cura3.5_unable to slice_fit_issue.PNG

Here is the STL.

top.stl

Edited by Adam324

You are showing layer view so it is a bit hard to see what is going on, but are all your settings the same? Same brim or plate adhesion, same everything? Maybe it just needs to be moved?

If you take a look at your plate area, in 3.41 does not have the same grey shadow around the edges as it does in your second picture. This says that something is taking up some of your real estate on the build plate, hence the question about the brim or whatnot.

• Like 1