Assembled & Upgraded Ultimaker for Sale - Germany

Posted · Assembled & Upgraded Ultimaker for Sale - Germany

Hi there,

I'm selling my only 6 month old Ultimaker. I bought it for an art project which is now finished (much earlier than thought) so I have no more use for the machine.

It's heavily upgraded to make prints fast, reliable, and also very accurate. It's modified in particular for warp-free ABS printing and it works like a charm!

You get the following stuff:

- Ultimaker

Rev.3 from Feb 2013.

- UltiController with custom firmware

Printing temp of up to 300 °C possible now.

- heated aluminum bed with silicone heat pad

Super-flat grinded alu bed which heats from room temp to 110 °C in around 5 minutes.

- permanent print plate for ABS and PLA

This special plate is made out of carbon fiber and has the size of the heat bed. The thickness is around 1 mm. The plate makes blue tape or kapton tape redundant! You print directly onto this plate and never worry anymore of the first layer not sticking. After the print job and cooling down the bed objects come off automatically. Take them out of the machine and immediately start the next print!

- sealed heated acrylic chamber

The heat chamber is made of 6 mm thick acrylic panels which can withstand temps of more than 100 °C. The heat chamber holds the heat inside of the machine to make ABS prints warp-free! The heat inside can reach up to 50 °C which is more than enough for ABS prints. It also protects the prints from air drafts and changes in ambient temperature.

- illuminated print platform

- illuminated heat chamber

- direct drive system

With the direct drive system the X and Y motors are sitting outside of the printer. They are directly connected to the steel bars with a flexible aluminum coupler making the short belts redundant and giving higher print accuracy. Also the motors are kept cool.

- active cooling fans for all stepper motors

- active cooled full-metal E3D-style hotend

The hotend consists completely out of metal making print temps of up to 300 °C possible! No more worry of plugs when printing ABS or PLA because of too hot printing temps as with this hotend you can go hot and fast at the same time. With good ABS filament speeds of more than 150 mm/s are no problem!

- banana blocks

The banana blocks make the carriage lighter and faster and can also provide a bit more print volume.

- H3 feeder system

The H3 feeder replaces the wooden stock feeder of the Ultimaker. It makes loading filament much easier and is more reliable.

- enlarged spool holder for all types of filament spools

- integrated second PSU

- dual-fan cooled hotend

The stock UM uses only one fan/fanduct, this machine uses two made out of ABS. Two fans improve the quality of overhangs.

- dual-fan cooled PSU

- dual-fan cooled mainboard

- seperate hardware switches for hot-end, heat bed, cooling and light

- play-free pulleys for all axes from user foehnsturm

Reduces backlash/ringing to a minimum.

- magnetic-lockable front door

- vibration-dampening feet

- nice and tidy build

- dozens of Kisslicer profiles for all kind of print jobs

- some empty spools in different sizes

- a few meters of white ABS and PLA filament

- 250g of laybrick filament

- lots and lots of accessories and spare parts

extra fans, bars, bearings, pulleys, cables...

Entire stuff already assembled of course. No kit! Take the machine out of the box and print!

Location / Price:

Only € 1299. Or make me an offer and we'll see. ;)

Item location is Germany. You can pick it up (near Nuremberg) or I'll ship it to you via DHL.

Worldwide free shipping but you are responsible for all customs related.

I would like to buy this for our Stockholm Makerspace, it sounds like a really nice machine with all the upgrades!

I need to check whether we can crowdfund it (we crowdfunded our laser cutter in just some days).

How long can you wait? Is 1-2 weeks ok before you could get the money?

Cheers,

Daniel

Yes, no problem, at least one week should be ok to wait.

I don't have a picture of the current design as my camera is in repair at the moment. Please give me a few days then I should get it back and can take some photos. In the meantime you can take a look at a bit older version on my Thingiverse page where most upgrades are already done but without e. g. the full-metal hotend and so on.

Oh crap, if I had money for now. But your design is just perfect...Where I can get all that stuff?! Maybe is it possible to publish list of materials and what should I do to get the same result?

PS

You know when I saw this design on thingiverse, oh... it is really beautiful!!!

Crowdfunding by members now started, in just a few hours we now have 17% of your price funded :)

This printer will get lots of usage and love at our Makerspace in Stockholm, Sweden I can promise you that!

Daniel

25% funded by Stockholm Makerspace :)

34% funded

sell this ultimaker to Daniel (gadgetfreak) !!

if you want your maschine to be really respected and used well !!

Ian :-)

Thanks Ian ;)

Now we're up to 42% funding.

47%

by the time Daniel turns on the coffee maschine, he will have 60 percent... I wish I could find money as quick ! ;-)

Ian :-)

Haha, darn it I took my coffee early this morning ;-)

51% now

There is alot to be learned from this machine. Whoever buys this machine, please document the upgrades and share the information.

Thanks

Mastory: Agreed!

If we fund and buy thingsters machine, it will be documented on our public Makerspace wiki machine pages. Most of the information there is currently in Swedish but I'll make sure this one will be covered in English :)

link ? :-)

oh oh... Daniel is looking at amazon and some other new toys..... 51 percent... 50 percent... 49 percent.... LOLLLL

Ian: if you want to practice your Swedish ;), here's a list of our current machines:

https://www.makerspace.se/wiki/Maskiner

[off topic]

The space is quite recently started so we don't have too many machines yet. The laser cutter is "almost" done (has been hacked/upgraded a lot). We are also trying to fit in an Eosint M250 SLS metal laser 3D printer that we crowdfunded, but it has turned out to be quite difficult from both safety and operations and housing perspective so it's still in storage...

[/offtopic]

Crowdfunding... yes Daniel is a very dedicated young business man and wont stop, until the objective is achieved !!. i have to respect his dedication !!

Ian ;-) hehe

buy.jpg

LOL Ian your are so full of....fun :p

55%

Am I SPAMming the forum with too many updates....? Just say so, and I'll stop doing it so frequently :)

Personally, I think it's kinda fun. It looks like a great printer, and it's nice to see a group of people who are excited about giving it a good home :-)

55%

Am I SPAMming the forum with too many updates....? Just say so, and I'll stop doing it so frequently :)

Thanks Illuminarti :)

60% then, time for coffee ;)

Haha, that's awesome, guys. Just keep posting your updates, gadgetfreak. I never thought that I sell a product that has been crowdfunded or kind of. :D

68% :-)