Shelton

Cura software and Raise 3D Pro Plus

Posted · Cura software and Raise 3D Pro Plus

Hello everybody. I'm using Idea Maker with my Raise Pro Plus 2 but Cura software is more professional and full of new features. So I need help from you. Do you have some settings to use Cura with Raise Pro Plus 2? I tried with G-code input lines but still didn't work. Anybody can help me with that issue? thank you

Hello everybody too!

I'm in the same position of Shelton. I'm falling in love whit CURA slicer (it's particolarly usefull) but unfortunately the generated g-code don't match with Raise Pro 2 (and Pro Plus).

Any support will be well accepted!!

Please can someone help get Cura working on the raise 3D pro2?! We need a single slicer that works across all our printers. Ideamaker is not that. If Cura cant we will have to abandon it also.

For the same settings ideamaker takes roughly double the print time than cura (bad travel move choices), creates supports that fall down, and has far fewer advanced options.

I used Google Translator to read the above-linked thread. It appears you can use the start/end gcode provided in the initial reply by @Guillaume777

The G-code start / end print of S3D works in Cura.

Starting :

M221 T0 S100

G28 X0 Y0

G28 Z0

T0

G1 X5 Y5 Z0.2 F2000

G92 E0

G1 X100 E30 F600

G1 X120 F5000

M117 Printing ...

M1001

End :

M107

M1002

M104 S0 T1

M104 S0 T0

M140 S0

M117 Print Complete.

G28 X0 Y0

G91

G1 Z10

G90

M84

To make g-code in Cura for the Raise3D Pro2 Dual I created a new printer type by copying the Raise3D N2 Dual and updating the print dimensions X/Y/Z = 280/305/300mm. I also had to make a small change to the "Start G-code" in the printer machine settings. The default g-code makes two calls of "M92 E140", which sets the number of steps per unit. I think there might be some unit confusion happening here because it effectively stops the printer from extruding anything.

After rebooting the printer to reload the original M92 value and commenting out those two commands in the Start G-code section it prints just fine.