CC core availability

Bigbrit

Posted · CC core availability

Hi guys

I have been looking for some rough dates for when the new CC core will be available along with the new materials recently announced? We are v keen to get hold of the core and some carbon fibre nylon.

Does anyone have any rough ideas? are we talking weeks or months? 

Posted (edited) · CC core availability
    2 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

That information is not correct. Officially the core will become available as from November 13th; see https://ultimaker.com/en/blog/52718-our-complete-solution-3d-printing-with-high-performance-plastics-and-composites

Thank you for the updated information. 

I shared that with my distributor shared with me a week ago.

Here is what I received;

We do not have the CC cores but I asked my inventory manager and was told we are expecting them around the 15th.

Edited by Shadowman
    Additional Comments

5 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

That information is not correct. Officially the core will become available as from November 13th; see https://ultimaker.com/en/blog/52718-our-complete-solution-3d-printing-with-high-performance-plastics-and-composites

Wow I read that article and still never noticed the bold writing saying the date of release.  Another month yet then.

Does anyone know any details about other materials that will likely become available? I see the list of partners they are working with, however it would be good to have some sort of rough roadmap or details about what may become available in the future.

This printer is quickly becoming a key part of our RnD and it would be good to know where it is going to take us so we can plan. 

17 minutes ago, Bigbrit said:

Wow I read that article and still never noticed the bold writing saying the date of release.  Another month yet then.

Does anyone know any details about other materials that will likely become available? I see the list of partners they are working with, however it would be good to have some sort of rough roadmap or details about what may become available in the future.

This printer is quickly becoming a key part of our RnD and it would be good to know where it is going to take us so we can plan. 

Nor did I because I believe the release date was added after the original informational text was released. 

If this was not the case then my distributor and their buyer would never have told me the 15th. For what it’s worth I already have CC Print Cores in my order “q” to be shipped upon receipt of them. I was disappointed to read that we are at least another month out.

With regards to initial release of new materials to be released as associated with the CC Print Core, NFC coding, and default print setting within Cura; someone must know but all I get is “mums” the word.

In my last material order I added some NylonX because I want to try the carbon fiber filament and then after speaking with the distributor removed it because I firmly expect private label aka Ultimaker branded filaments to be released at the same time.

Like you I would like to know as it would allow us to prepare and maybe even forgo a few present prints projects until alternate products are released.

The information about November 13th was there from day 1 (you can trust me as an UM ambassador and UM reseller on that).

Maybe that distributor was actually referring to November 15th?

2 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

The information about November 13th was there from day 1 (you can trust me as an UM ambassador and UM reseller on that).

Maybe that distributor was actually referring to November 15th?

Strange that both of us initially missed that on the press release! I believe you, I must have been so excited I stopped reading half way through to do some googling.

Seeing as you are an ambassador is there any way you can convince ultimaker to release some more information about other materials that may be coming in the future?

I am exactly ultimakers target customer for the S5, light industrial use and prototyping (in the broadcasting sector). Being tight lipped is not going to help either Ultimaker or our business, I see no need for complete silence.

14 minutes ago, Bigbrit said:

Seeing as you are an ambassador is there any way you can convince ultimaker to release some more information about other materials that may be coming in the future?

As for the cooperation with large material manufacturers, you can see from the UM press releases (and displayed on the main website) which companies have a collaboration with UM - so far, DSM and Owens Corning were published. If you check their portfolio, you might see what you can expect. It is pretty obvious that with the new print core abrasive materials are on top of the priority list, i.e. any functional material together with some chopped fibers might belong to those materials.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

As for the cooperation with large material manufacturers, you can see from the UM press releases (and displayed on the main website) which companies have a collaboration with UM - so far, DSM and Owens Corning were published. If you check their portfolio, you might see what you can expect. It is pretty obvious that with the new print core abrasive materials are on top of the priority list, i.e. any functional material together with some chopped fibers might belong to those materials.

I appreciate your insight; as Bigbrit said; we both certainly glanced over that bold notation when reading the release. As for the distributor’s comments; they were simply sharing what they thought was to be.

Once you made clear it was over a month out we made some print scheduling changing.

It’s all good as the ability to use alternative materials in the near future is exciting.

Thank you