Print Core CC | Red for Ruby

SandervG

Posted · Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
6 hours ago, Brulti said:

I'm always amazed by the pricing disparity between countries for the exact same product, not counting taxes.

385 CAN is 258,6€, which is already a steep price, and one I cannot really justify at the moment. But the retail price in Europe is 295€, which translates as 439,2 CAN. This is without taxes, as we Europeans have to add 20% on top for VAT.

So, don't complain too much @JohnInOttawa, you can get it for significantly cheaper than us poor souls in the EU! ??

Joke aside, the price itself will make this CC Red core a niche product.

Wow ok that kind of caught me of guard.  I haven't seen any UK pricing yet but if it's ~£300 I will probably skip for now.  I would assume the materials are going to be expensive too

Yes, it is a long way from the plywood Ultimaker Original (one of which sits next to my UM3) that started this community.   

It's tough to be all things to all people, but it does seem to me as if there is a shift occurring here.  As the angst over the Cura upgrade and S5 reliability attest to though, with a new market comes new expectations.  We will all see how this plays out.

J

I was very excited, too. We opted for 3D Solex and Everlast in the first place and due to a delivery mistake had the opportunity to get a Ruby. But i decided against it. 295€ are hefty. Maybe we lose some automatic regocgnitions and some other stuff, but we chose the proven path.

Posted (edited) · Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
    8 hours ago, JohnInOttawa said:

Yes, it is a long way from the plywood Ultimaker Original (one of which sits next to my UM3) that started this community.   

It's tough to be all things to all people, but it does seem to me as if there is a shift occurring here.  As the angst over the Cura upgrade and S5 reliability attest to though, with a new market comes new expectations.  We will all see how this plays out.

J

Yeah, Ultimaker seems to be kind of caught in the in-between - hobbyists on the one side, for whom the prices of newer UM printers and their upgrades are quite steep, and corporate customers on the other side, who don't mind so much paying some hundreds of €/$ more, but want things to "just work", which often is not the case without quite a bit of tweaking and fiddling. The company I work for will go for the CC core, because it is officially supported, as opposed to the HardCore/Everlast combination.

Edited by P3D

On 11/7/2018 at 3:02 AM, Brulti said:

@SandervG Will Ultimaker release a 0.6 BB core to allow the use of PVA as support in conjunction with the Ruby core? There are many PLA-based abrasive materials that could benefit from that.

You can just use a 0.4 BB core or 0.8 BB core along with the 0.6 CC Red core without any issues. 

• Thanks 1

I guess for hobbyists and small companies the 3DSolex core will be the best choice because you have much more flexibility and possibilities with it. The "official support" tag is nice, but which official support do you get besides this great community forum here? So I understand, that bigger companies rely on the office support tag, but in case of a problem, it will not help much I guess.