wots_a_name

Cura 3.5.1 on Windows 10 Creates Process, then nothing

Posted · Cura 3.5.1 on Windows 10 Creates Process, then nothing

Hello,  Nice to meet you all.  Can anyone help?  I have installed a number of iterations of Cura 3.3 to 3.5.  I have found recently that 3.5.1 will not start correctly after a reboot.

The process lists as alive,  but there's no splash screen displayed,  the stderr and stdout logs are empty and the 3.5 log isn't created.

Cura only launches correctly after a fresh install.  Sometimes it works if the app is closed and reopened.  If there is a reboot, then I will not get a splash screen or full blown Cura.

If I wipe 3.5 out and install 3.4.  That seems to be fine ... but I want the shiny new 3.5 :)

I had the same issue with 3.5.1. It did not matter which stl file I opened... it flashed an shut down. After running cura.exe as administrator Cura opened. After closing Cura and opening directly from a file again it also worked again. Maybe this helps!!

Hello,  thank you for you reply and sorry for the tardy response.  I will give that a go and report back.  I have to say 3.4.1 is doing everything I need, so I'm not sure when I will feel the urge to back up my settings so I can test.