Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Ghene

Little House

Recommended Posts

It's been a while ? 

I made this little house (as well a terrace houses) on a platform to sell. I painted the house using a textured spray paint then handpainted the small details. Sealed it off with a clear car spray (I know it's OTT ? )
The base is 3D printed then vacuum formed into a mould. I used bog standard cement but I think I will use some jesmonite.... 

handigift-4797.thumb.jpg.77aceaca4938dee15b6323032bfa1984.jpg

I like it clean(ish) like this and I can't really bring myself to make it look Christmassy.... ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

cute, but that concrete must be quite expensive to mail!! unless you sell in a shop that is.

Thank you ? I can send up to a kilo for £2.79 so not that expensive. I do sell a lot during craft fairs which is much better as I get real feedback for my creations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to try to sell a few things at a craft fair. any good ones in London that you'd recommend? I was also looking into metal clay, the silver one. looks interesting and dries at room temperature too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

I'd love to try to sell a few things at a craft fair. any good ones in London that you'd recommend? I was also looking into metal clay, the silver one. looks interesting and dries at room temperature too!

I organise one for my local charity. ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see, I feel like i my work is a little dark for that. But perhaps in the future. I also need to make some money before i donate any! Otherwise its kinda hard to help when you need help yourself!

 

I tend to give most of my stuff away anyway. I like seeing the happiness it brings!

Edited by cloakfiend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cloakfiend said:

I see, I feel like i my work is a little dark for that. But perhaps in the future. I also need to make some money before i donate any! Otherwise its kinda hard to help when you need help yourself!

Try etsy or folksy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need an agent im almost usless on the net. Ive tried many a time. Im going to try my luck in some up market markets. Or im just gonna give away pieces on my instagram and do models for that 3d platform where people follow people for a small sum and get stuff like 3d renders or models and posters. Forgot the name though..not a good start lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

I need an agent im almost usless on the net. Ive tried many a time. Im going to try my luck in some up market markets. Or im just gonna give away pieces on my instagram and do models for that 3d platform where people follow people for a small sum and get stuff like 3d renders or models and posters. Forgot the name though..not a good start lol.

 

The Patreon is a good platform but recent changes in fees resulted in less sponsors.

Edited by Ghene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta
      Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta is available. It comes with new features, bug fixes, and UX improvements. We would really like to have your feedback on it to make our stable release as good as it can be. As always, you can download the beta for free from our website, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
        • Like
      • 92 replies
    • Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
      Q: For some users, abrasive materials may be a new subject matter. Can you explain what it is that makes a material abrasive when you are not sure which print core to use?
      A: Materials which are hard in a solid piece (like metals, ceramics and carbon fibers) will generally also wear down the nozzle. In general one should assume...
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
        • Like
      • 12 replies
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!