Am I doing Single-Walled Cubes Right?

NachoFoot

Posted · Am I doing Single-Walled Cubes Right?

I print these single-walled cubes with a 0.2 nozzle but one side always comes out thinner. Its a plague. Its the Y-axis on the left side of the cube and cube prints counterclockwise. On this side, the print measures 0.205 and all three other sides measure 0.225. Am I missing an option in Cura? I'm printing with an Ender 3 but I'm thinking since its only on one Y-axis that its a software option that I'm missing.

Cube.jpg

Posted (edited) · Am I doing Single-Walled Cubes Right?
    2 hours ago, smartavionics said:

Hi @NachoFoot, it would help greatly if you could save the project and attach the project file to this thread. Thanks.

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file.  This is the right one.

I spiralized it with a 0.2 nozzle so the width of the walls wouldn't matter in the file. I believe the thinner wall is the first wall printed. I'll turn off coasting and see if that does any better and try some different options as well.

CCR10_20mm_hollow_cube.3mf

Edited by NachoFoot

Hello @NachoFoot, I have sliced your project and looked at the resulting gcode. It is extruding the same amount of filament on each side of the cube. I see you are using a lot of cooling fan. Does the fan airflow hit the thin wall more than the others? If so, try using less fan and see if the result is the same.

In general, more fan is better with pla.  But an asymmetrical fan situation will create asymmetrical results.

Posted (edited) · Am I doing Single-Walled Cubes Right?

@smartavionics, @gr5,

Yep, it was actually the hotend fan though. For some reason, it blows down on the print on the left side. I disabled it and the measurements were close enough. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a different cooling system sooner than later. Either that or convince the local Elementary school to sell me their Ultimaker 2 they aren't using.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by NachoFoot