Model is greyed in Cura

mamo

Posted (edited) · Model is greyed in Cura

Hi,

I made a panel of rails in Blender and exported it as a .stl file which I opened into Cura.

!st picture is how it shows in Blender, the rails are all the same width height and lenght: 4mm 

464413506_paneelrails.thumb.png.96b7d128357ecb14065f953e82f920f2.png

2nd picture shows how it imports into cura in the Solid view:

1656973053_solidviewpaneelrails.thumb.png.5fcd7efb795913c41543cc249a58ebb1.png

3rd picture shows the Layer view after I hit the prepare button:

You can see it shows the model in Grey colour, although it says the model consists of 7 lines there is no actual model printed.

2028065338_layerviewpaneel2rails.thumb.png.2b679f597ea2d3c1ecbb6246e302fca7.png

Perhaps this has something to do with line thickness, and/or wall thickness?

I played and changed a lot of values of the line and wall thickness in the quality and shell properties, but it has no effect, the model remains Grey and cannot be printed.

My 3D printer is an Ender 3.

Can anyone help me figuring this out?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Martijn.

Edited by mamo
Add info

Posted · Model is greyed in Cura

You are in "Layer view", but the model has not yet been sliced. Press the "Prepare" button in the lower right corner.

Alternatively, you can go to the General preferences, and enable Automatic slicing.

Posted · Model is greyed in Cura

Thanks, I used an incorrect screenshot after I changed something in the properties the Prepare button appeared again.

As you can see, is has been sliced but there are no layers visible.