emblem to 3D printable model

Posted · emblem to 3D printable model
6 hours ago, ctdigger said:

Is there any app that can give you the basics of modeling to get you started? I currently have Tinkercad as modeling and Cura as my slicing app. I just loaded Tinkercad so I will check it out. If there is anything you might suggest, I am open to it. I try to keep occupied with all kinds of stuff, I'm into leather craft, wood working, coin ring making, metal detecting and I am a HAM radio operator and Emergency Radio Communicator.

The big question is "What kind of modeling?"

And yeah, they all have a bunch of tuts available. But seriously, some are bad.

But the first question needs to be looked at first.

Ok, I am trying to slice the model but I get an error message in Cura that I have to re-size so I shrunk it and expanded it to with in the blue circle and gridded circle. I took a pic of the screen but can't copy and paste it to here. I wish I had my pc it was much easier, Mac is tuff.

That I do not know since you are on a different type of printer than I am. Sorry.

That's ok, I changed some so we will see what happens.

Well, that seemed to work out ok. Seems to be printing ok so far.

This is what has printed after 14.5 hours. Not sure if this is right or should there be some kind of setting to change it, I don't know but I am going to let it print out to the finish.

image.png

There are so many factors. Looking at your slice in layer view would tell you what to expect based on your settings. Since I am not familiar with your printer, I cannot say more to help on that end...sorry.....

Went hunting and found a youtube video on resetting the Cura machine settings so I looked at the time frame and it went to just over 8 hours to print, SO, I'm gonna waste some more PLA and see how this one comes out. Don't you just love R&D 

😝 I will let you know how it turns out......... Again

ctdigger

image.png

To me, R&D is the most exciting time....so much to learn. It is after I know what I am doing and have a failed print that I think I have waste.

I am still having issues getting the logo to print out right. The YouTube video showed how and what to change in the settings, I followed the video but didn't notice in any change for the better.

Settings:

Quality

Schell

Infill

Material

Speed

Travel

Coding

Build Plate

Adhesion

Mesh Fixes

Special Mode

Support

These are the headings in Settings. When you change any of these it lets you save the changes as what ever you want to call them. And they will show up in custom. Any support will be appreciated. Thanks

Also, would it be better to load a different slicing program? Suggestions....

hat did the slice look like though? Post a screenshot.

This is the UM3eE_Diggers file 3mf file. To me it looks like all the lettering is raised but when it printed it was all sunken. Also, does black PLA print different than white PLA?? White printed fine no adhesion issues etc. Black now then did not adhere well and it seemed the extrude was small diameter but no nozzle was changed.

image.png

That is the solid view. You need to go to layers and see what that looks like.

Sorry, this better??😎

image.png

A bit closer would help. You cannot capture the screen internally?

All I can see is a flat sort of shadowy disc. A teeny, tiny disc.

It would help to go to the custom tab. I cannot tell what layer height is in use either.

not yet on the Mac

I found the answer. is this better?

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 8.33.56 PM.png

The time is 0 hours and 0 minutes. Does it slice at all?

This is what I get, any help??

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.42.48 PM.png

That helped me see that it is slicing ok. Though I am not sure why you are getting the results you are. I think that answer would lie with people that have experience on your printer though.

But, from what I can tell, it seems to be a decent slice.

Ok, I am going to try to print it again, hopefully it will run ok.

Thanks