Igus - Iglidur I180

SandervG

Posted · Igus - Iglidur I180

Igus makes Iglidur I180 available to Ultimaker users via our material alliance in Cura. 
You can access all available materials via Cura > Marketplace > Materials. 

Are you curious about others experiences using Iglidur I180 or do you have any other questions regarding this filament? Feel free to post them below. 

Some links you might find useful:
Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet

• 2 years later...

This is a great material to work with, but the profile needs to be updated for material station compatibility.  The i150 profile is compatible, but not the i180.  Using generic Nylon and tweaking the print temp works fine until the filament retracts at the end of a print.  I contacted Igus support regarding this back in August and they seemed utterly confused.  

Please work with Igus to update this profile!

This material prints great in combination with ColorFabb HT, for dual material prints.  The 2 materials bond together very strongly, without any layer separation issues.  

When using the i180 as a bearing surface on sliding or rotating shafts; I prefer to slightly under-size the hole and then clean it out with a drill bit.  The material is very easily machined to final size using a drill bit and turning it by hand.  

• 1 year later...

@SandervG, our team recently bought a spool of I180, but upon loading the material profile from the marketplace and on to an S5 bundle, I get an error saying that it cannot be used with the material station. Is there a reason for this? Is there a workaround?

Hi, thank you for your message. As you can see on this material page it says it is not compatible with the Material Station. This might be because it doesn't have the start sequence in the profile that is necessary for the material station. I believe it is possible to work around this, no promises though. Like you might get away by saying it is iGus I150 instead.  Let me check! 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, SandervG said:

Hi, thank you for your message. As you can see on this material page it says it is not compatible with the Material Station. This might be because it doesn't have the start sequence in the profile that is necessary for the material station. I believe it is possible to work around this, no promises though. Like you might get away by saying it is iGus I150 instead.  Let me check! 

Any news on the I180 and the Material Station?

On 2/22/2022 at 11:11 AM, DBVOLA said:

Any news on the I180 and the Material Station?

That is a question you probably would have to ask to igus since it's the manufacturer who decides if a material should be made compatible with the material station.

13 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

That is a question you probably would have to ask to igus since it's the manufacturer who decides if a material should be made compatible with the material station.

SandervG: "Like you might get away by saying it is iGus I150 instead.  Let me check!"

Hello

Compatibility with the material station is overrated for profiles from external manufacturers.

With some manufacturers, such as BASF, this also sometimes alternates between yes and no.

I use IGus in the MS as generic ABS. The materials are similar in terms of temperatures.
    So far, the material has behaved inconspicuously in the material station.

Many greetings

On 2/24/2022 at 7:52 AM, DBVOLA said:

SandervG: "Like you might get away by saying it is iGus I150 instead.  Let me check!"

Hi, I did say that, that's true. Unfortunately our material experts couldn't tell with certainty if that would give you a good deprime or not. Sometimes they have a good estimation of this, but unfortunately not with this spool. Doesn't mean it won't, but they didn't know. So you could give it a try, but I would recommend to stay around your Ultimaker so you can interfere if it doesn't go as intended.

As with regard to completing the profile, we have also passed on this request to igus, and it is up to them to update the profile. As @Dim3nsioneer says, you could also request the same from igus directly if you feel to invest a little bit more energy into this request. But don't feel obliged, because we also have. 

Hope this helps, have a great day! 

• Like 2

I found an old spool of I180. Prints fine. And clean glass bed is good.