bugmanb

Question about bottom printing

Posted · Question about bottom printing

I am a new to 3d printing and using Cura 3.5.1 and when I print, there is no bottom, I can see the infills from the bottom but there is no shell around it.

Thanks,

bugmanbp

A screenshot or even the model to inspect would be good to evaluate. It sounds like the walls are too thin to get picked up. Or, the model may not be watertight.

To keep from having an issue with printing, check the layer view first. It will show if there are error.

Posted (edited) · Question about bottom printing

I will take a look at the file, but a screen shot of your settings would be more helpful.

Or, better yet, a copy of your project file.....

I just took a look at the file and did a slice. All looked fine. So, would definitely need to see your project file.

Edited by kmanstudios

Posted (edited) · Question about bottom printing

Here is the Gcode file. 

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by bugmanb

I do not read g-code. So, this is not for me to be able to help. Is there a reason you do not wish to post the project file?

yup.....

OK, that was helpful, for me at least. I could see your settings within the confines of your printer. The project file contains everything that you setup, even the printer. And, since I do not have a non UM printer, anything I did would be useless for you.

This is a screenshot of the slice and settings I wanted to check. According to my slice, it should print just fine. The layers are represented in the sliced view (Layers) as well as proper bottom settings.

SlicedLayerView.thumb.jpg.2852c7d0fcd2d6e164619719f5035fb2.jpg

Now, just in case there is something that happens on my system that does not happen on your system, I have included the sliced gcode for you to try. If this does not work, I would be at a loss.

Bear in mind, I did slice this on 3.6 and I am wondering if that may have been an issue as well. The 3.5 releases were a tad buggy.

CE3_projectfile.gcode

Hope this works for you.