Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

S5 Autodisconnect completely from WIFI

Posted · S5 Autodisconnect completely from WIFI

So, the printer has been going for a few days now. Decided to disconnect from Cura Connect (again). Decided to do a manual connect and found this information.

NoWifi.thumb.jpg.073ec2e53767d3a348cb2a3bbdcbde60.jpg

The disconnection seems to be during long prints...give it a dy or two and it will bail in most cases. Once in a while, within a few hours.

But this is the first time I have seen it just completely drop out like this.

• 2 years later...

My S5 has never worked on Wifi. Exact same issue. Stays on for some minutes. It has been like this on three separate locations with totally different network setup (one corporate office, one home with fiber modem supplied wifi and one house with a home wifi router)

I have read so many posts here with people experiencing the same. I have never read that anybody has gotten wifi to work on the S5. Is it totally broken? 

The two last locations I solved it by connecting a LAN cable. But at my current location that is not an option. So back to the old days of USB stick :-/

It would be so nice if anybody had a fix for the wifi.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, MaxQ said:

My S5 has never worked on Wifi. Exact same issue. Stays on for some minutes. It has been like this on three separate locations with totally different network setup (one corporate office, one home with fiber modem supplied wifi and one house with a home wifi router)

I have read so many posts here with people experiencing the same. I have never read that anybody has gotten wifi to work on the S5. Is it totally broken? 

The two last locations I solved it by connecting a LAN cable. But at my current location that is not an option. So back to the old days of USB stick 😕

It would be so nice if anybody had a fix for the wifi.

It could be that your wifi chip on that specific machine has issues? We literally have hundreds of S5's connected with wifi. Wifi is not as stable as ethernet of course, but it should work in most cases. What version of firmware are you using btw?