Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 3.6 produce skipping

Posted · Cura 3.6 produce skipping

I just upgraded from 3.41 to 3.6 and now I experience strange noises from the printer associated with either X or Y skipping. Marlin have not changed, and it sound like the printer get very fast movement instruction , such that the printer cannot handle. I tested this on my CR10 4S, (The Ceality have primary y axis skips).  At first I checked my stepper, belt etc, the bed is smooth, eventualty I replace the driver chip, then the motherboard, reprogram Marlin, revert to Creality stock setting,  but no avail.  Then I moved my model (to fit smaller bed) and use the GCODE on my Prusa, and it it re-produce both x and y skipping, at the same height!, with the simular stepper noise. However if I print an old (save octaprint) GCODE the print is fine. I looks like Cura override some GCODE setting, or generate 'fast' movement code, but it has to do with speed.  but unfortunately I am not a boffen on this subject. Have any one else seen this phenomena ? 

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Cura 3.6 produce skipping

I experience a similar problem with 3.6 (and 4.0 beta). It seems that the z-axis does nor move so that the noozle after some time ploughs through the material until it stucks. Same stl file works fine with 3.4 I do print on an Anet A8. I tried to examine the gcode but the z-movements seem to  be the same (+,2 mm for each layer) than in the 3.4 file.