3D recognition

eric992

Posted (edited) · 3D recognition

Hi guys and gals, has anybody had problems getting your desktop to make contact with your 3D Ultimate 2 printer

I load my printer with an object to print, it loads the object into Cura and shows it as excepted on the screen,the

printer is warmed up and ready to go,no matter how many times I press Ctrl P it wont move although the print time

and material used is displayed.

I can print from the SD card but cant control the printing speed as this is sometimes to fast to lay the foundation

layer to build on,even if I could control the print speed it would help but only on very limited parts,the important

pen holder for 2D drawing is a precision part to print.

I would be very grateful if someone can help,I a 75 year old hobbyist who want to learn a new skill

Thank you    Eric

Edited by eric992
wrong 2D not 3D pen holder

Posted · 3D recognition

Hi

if you can print from the SD card but not when connected via USB, then it could be probably the USB cable. Try if another one works.

Generally, printing via USB is not recommended, it works but is not as reliable as via SD card.

Posted · 3D recognition

Thanks for your speedy reply,I have used the same cable for my HP desk jet and that works fine.

the only trouble is that to control the printing speed I need to be able to edit the SD file but I don't know how as I am still learning

the whole 3D printing system.

Thanks again    Eric

Posted · 3D recognition

Normally you slice your file in Cura and there you can set all the speeds you like. So there should be no need to change speeds afterward or edit the file on the SD card.

Take a look at "Initial Layer Speed" setting, this is the speed for the first layer and seem it is exactly what you are looking for.