Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.


Recommended Posts

Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

As title says, i want to print multiple copies of one object (yes, i keep in mind to not put them too close to each other) but when i try i get "Unable to Slice" Error, All at Once works though.

 

I tried reinstalling and using Cura default printing profiles but nothing works.

 

Please help, thank you in advance.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted (edited) · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

    Adjust the printhead settings for the printer.  I put these in for an object that was 10 mm tall and got it to slice. Also, after it slices, look at the layer view to make sure the objects are printing back to front. 

     image.png.877b705c7cd41ce3ababbf688508b869.png

     

    https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20425-special-modes

     

     

     

    image.png

    Edited by shandog
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

    I do not know if this has changed since 2.7 but Cura prints in reverse order of the models loaded. So to get this right load each copy of the model individually. Position the first copy in the right front position, the next  to the left and rear of the first copy and so on heading back to the left rear position.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.
    18 hours ago, shandog said:

    Adjust the printhead settings for the printer.  I put these in for an object that was 10 mm tall and got it to slice. Also, after it slices, look at the layer view to make sure the objects are printing back to front. 

     image.png.877b705c7cd41ce3ababbf688508b869.png

     

    https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20425-special-modes

     

     

     

    image.png

    YEs, this worked, thank you (didnt had to do this before to make it work thos), 

     

    10 hours ago, yellowshark said:

    I do not know if this has changed since 2.7 but Cura prints in reverse order of the models loaded. So to get this right load each copy of the model individually. Position the first copy in the right front position, the next  to the left and rear of the first copy and so on heading back to the left rear position.

     

    This highlighter another issue, i know you had to arrange models to make them print in order what you like, but no matter what i do, they always print from bottom left to upper right.. :(.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

    Yeah, sorry. The problem was that it was messing up all multi object prints that weren't' printing one at a time, as well as completely ignoring all the logic that should make the one at a time printing automatically calculate the order in which things should be printed. 

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

    A bug, you must be joking that is how it should print. So you fix it for people who print all at once but screw up something that worked perfectly for all those people that print one at a time. great design and coding I think not. So are you going to fix it for us. I will not be moving to 3.n.n because I cannot - I need that functionality. Paah 

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.
    4 hours ago, pivor said:

    YEs, this worked, thank you (didnt had to do this before to make it work thos), 

     

     

    This highlighter another issue, i know you had to arrange models to make them print in order what you like, but no matter what i do, they always print from bottom left to upper right.. :(.

    Do not know why that is happening; on my printer with 2.7 it prints top left down to bottom right. But hey bottom left to top right is still ok, yes?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted (edited) · Cant slice with "One at a Time" Print Sequence.

    The fact that instead of looking at what the shortest toolpath is that it just looks at what the order is in which is printed is the intuitive option? You must be joking right?

    We didn't even know that people were using it until well after the 3.6 release (mostly because it was never intended behavior (so see; https://xkcd.com/1172/)). In almost all most cases it should be left up to the slicer to find out the correct path (Because if we don't we get people shouting that Cura is being stupid  / retarded or it's dev's bad at coding because it's taking a roundabout path to do something).
     

    Edited by nallath
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...