Ultimaker Cura | a new interface

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura | a new interface
2 hours ago, Birdmanravo said:

Well that solves a lot of problems!

Heads up: once Cura 4.0 beta 2 launches, there will be an updated version of this plugin (hopefully through the official Marketplace).

• Like 1

I really like the new design, and the intelligence for creating the right code for a um printer is very efficient.

Only, the interface is slow, just to slow. If i compare with Simplify3D, there is a world of difference between these.

I didn't read through all the posts, but in my opinion, this new interface takes up more space to show less information.  For example, at the top there is space taken up with basically two full lines to show what could be condensed to one.  That takes up space in the model display area.  The settings panel is wider and shows fewer lines of settings.  On a laptop, that is just too much space taken up unnecessarily.  Just above the settings is a line showing your filament profile, infill %, and two more icons.  What are they?  One looks like a combination of custom supports and scaling, and the other one looks like maybe Z-offset?  At any rate, they always show "Off"

Wayne

10 minutes ago, Xeddog said:

I think the rest of my post is still valid.

I think so too, I just wanted to help you out with the icons.

You might want to at least read through this page, because it contains a link to a plugin that rearranges the new UI so it has a sidebar like older versions again.

1 minute ago, ahoeben said:

You might want to at least read through this page, because it contains a link to a plugin that rearranges the new UI so it has a sidebar like older versions again.

I saw that, and I intend to look into it in the next day or two.

Thanks,

Wayne

can you pin the side panel like the older version? I don't see the need for a whole screen viewport as you don't really do any modeling on cura, and most of the time you're just tweaking settings (at least for me).

There’s a plugin for that. It should be available in the marketplace shortly after the launch of Cura 4 beta 2. See the link in the first post of this page.

Can we keep the "open file" icon even in preview mode? And can we automatically go back to "prepare" mode if we select "delete all models"/"clear build plate"? (or even just go to "prepare" mode whenever there's nothing at all)

Thanks

I don't like the extra step of clicking "prepare" before clicking "open file". (yes I know there are hotkeys, I'm also on a tablet half the time, btw touch support would be nice but I'm not going to ask for it yet)

• Like 1

I'd love to see the footprint of all previous prints on the bed grid. This way I'd know which areas of my blue tape or glue stick were 'used'. That way I could position new prints over an unused / clean part of the bed. There could be a button to clear the bed for when you've re-applied new tape or glue to a fresh bed.

Cheers

S

in 4.0 cura my printer profile don`t have Nozzle diameter setting 😞 What need add to priofile to see it?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura | a new interface
    On 2/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, mrSEADEMON said:

in 4.0 cura my printer profile don`t have Nozzle diameter setting 😞 What need add to priofile to see it?

This is an already known and fixed issue. In beta4.0 change the number of extruders i.e. to 2 and than back to 1 to get the tab to display.

Edited by PatK

here's a suggestion:

can you make it not show the red overhang warning for parts that are touching the bed? or perhaps show in a different color, would be useful.

thanks

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just wondering when the final be ready?

Greetz Barry

Does the pending version allow turning off perspective to aid visualization of mechanical prints?  I run into this limitation constantly.  I want to look at straight on elevation views or plan views without the distortion of perspective.  This is a standard feature in engineering CAD software.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mastory said:

Does the pending version allow turning off perspective

It does not

Is the new version going to stop nagging about sending anonymous data?

3 minutes ago, Xeddog said:

Is the new version going to stop nagging about sending anonymous data?

It's a single question to improve a product that is already free, why are you complaining ???

15 minutes ago, jens3 said:

It's a single question to improve a product that is already free, why are you complaining ???

I think the complaint is that if you close the message box (instead of going to "More info" and selecting "I don't want to send these data", Cura will pop up the same question again on the next start. Closing the message box is not answering the question.

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

I think the complaint is that if you close the message box (instead of going to "More info" and selecting "I don't want to send these data", Cura will pop up the same question again on the next start. Closing the message box is not answering the question.

This is close.  I have already de-selected the option to send the data, and gone to the More Information dialog and checked the box "I don't want to send these data", and yet I get the nag every time I start Cura 3.6.0.  The 4.0 beta does the same.

Besides, I looked through the info collected and some of it is just wrong.  Ex:  it says Cura 3.3 instead of 3.6.  And OS is Linux 16.04.  The machine I am looking at this info on is a Windows machine.  I do have an Ubuntu Linux machine, but it hasn't had 16.04 on it for a year.  (I know it says this is an example).

Edited by Xeddog

HI all, any info about new beta release and/or stable release ?  
    i hope will be a really usable "manual manage" printer tab, like repetier host for example, to move material, change, clean, ect etc before launch printer... Also please add MANY customizable button like repetier-host (but more... 10 for example) or pronterface.

Also i find some problem to arrange multiple object on bed... because i don't need to arrange really but only to drop on bed with correct face (see simplify3d fro example) but not arrange XY position...

also.... editing support... native way not the plugin ... did not work well... 

Edited by marcottt

On 2/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, mastory said:

Does the pending version allow turning off perspective to aid visualization of mechanical prints?  I run into this limitation constantly.  I want to look at straight on elevation views or plan views without the distortion of perspective.  This is a standard feature in engineering CAD software.

CURA is not an engineering CAD software, it's a slicer.

@Xeddog Sounds like your CURA is slightly buggy to me. Maybe you should try a reinstall and clean up old CURA folders as well? It should only ask you once about that once you reply to it, mine never botehred me more than once through my various installations of CURA.

14 minutes ago, Brulti said:

CURA is not an engineering CAD software, it's a slicer.

I would support this as it is just a visual interface. Now, programmers, do not get on my case about the term "Just a....." I am not referring to ease of programming. But just the visual aspect of being able to much more precisely place objects.

This would not be adding engineering functionality which would be a whole different animal and very difficult to do.

• Like 1