Sidebar GUI for Cura 4

ahoeben

Posted · Sidebar GUI for Cura 4

Sidebar GUI 4.0.5 is available on the Marketplace now. It fixes a bug with the selected extruder tab when switching back from the print monitor, but more importantly it adds compatibility with Cura 4.4.

• ahoeben changed the title to Sidebar GUI for Cura 4
    Posted (edited) · Sidebar GUI for Cura 4

An updated version of Sidebar GUI (4.0.7) has been posted to the Marketplace, which adds compatibility with Cura 4.5, fixes a couple of bugs and adds a toggle to switch between perspective and orthographic projection. Subtle changes.

Edit: See the shiny new web-based Marketplace: https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/fieldofview/SidebarGUIPlugin

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 3

• 2 months later...
    41 minutes ago, DivingDuck said:

your Plugin is still waiting for approval for 4.6?

No, the current release in the Marketplace (4.0.8) is compatible with Cura 4.6. The view options box is now collapsible too.

Edited by ahoeben

Oh no, shame on me:

2020-04-23 10:15:11,421 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [404]: Plugin [SidebarGUIPlugin] has been disabled. Skip loading it.

I just check and its working again. It seems I start to forget things these days.

Sorry for this question...

Probably next week.

Thanks.

Please help test the version of Sidebar GUI plugin that is compatible with Cura 4.7 by downloading this development snapshot and dropping it onto the Cura buildplate as if you were opening a 3d model.

@ahoeben,

Today is my Cura Beta Test day and your update is quite in time. 🙂

Looks good so fare and is working as expected.

Quick feedback, the plugin works perfect.

I'm using the beta version of Cura during the last 7 day's and your plugin seems to work good too.

Thanks for the feedback. The new version is now available in the Marketplace, and is compatible with all versions 4.0 - 4.7.

Awesome, thank you! I can say that this is definitely the first thing I look for with each Cura update. 

• Like 1

I've installed it (that was easy) and so far it's good.  I thought the stock version was a bit clumsy.

Sometimes I like to hide the Settings dialog and the Compatibility / View dialog to have more real estate for zooming and rotating the model.  I haven't been able to hide them or to move them.

The settings dialog stays visible when a Gcode file is opened.

Could you be so kind to open two issues for these points at https://github.com/fieldofview/Cura-SidebarGUIPlugin/issues ? Otherwise I might forget.

• Like 1

With the availability of the Cura 4.8 beta, it is time for a new version of SidebarGUI. This version adds the possibility to close/hide the sidebar, and fixes some minor bugs. When hidden, the sidebar collapses into a neat summary of the print settings and extruder configuration.

image.thumb.png.358d986d6b03f19f740e494adf47fdba.png

Could you all please help me test this development snapshot with Cura 4.8 beta? It should also work on older versions of Cura, down to Cura 4.4. The official release in the Marketplace will be compatible with Cura 4.0 and newer. Download the file and drop it onto the Cura buildplate as if you were opening a 3d model.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Thanks 1

I'll let you know how it goes.

I think you forgot to update the maximum_cura_version in plugin.json to work with Cura 4.8 beta.

After changing 4.7 to 4.8 the plugin is working, but I have to test it deeply.

• Thanks 1

Whoops, you are quite right. I have replaced the link the the development snapshot above.

• Thanks 1

This was a very quick fix, just wanted to create an issue for the records on Github too and wanted to copy the line. Then I was confused because there was already 4.8 🙂 

Then I have seen the commit a few minutes ago....👍

Thanks for your work!

• Like 1

No issues found so far, works great and the collapse feature is really nice if you need more screen space for some reason.

But I am continue testing during my daily work.

A new version of the plugin is available from the Marketplace, with full support for Cura 4.0-4.8. The sidebar can be collapsed to a summary for all of them.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2

I'm working on a new feature that you can help me test: floating the sidebar in a separate tool window.

image.thumb.png.cee51984fd89d970bc77e0def82178d3.png

The floating sidebar feature is fairly experimental. It may break on your particular multi-gpu setup. Please test and let me know.

The undock button can be found between the Custom/Recommended swich and the close button that was added in the previous release.

image.png.fe65c50cb3d21ea1505e03ce0895ea90.png

Download the new development snapshot and drop the downloaded file onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model.

Thank you sir.  Occasionally I've thought it would be nice to be able to collapse the bar to the right (to give the model area more screen space).  I'll settle for drag and park off-screen for now.  It's my bad that I never thought to mention it.