Sign in to follow this  
LePaul

"How it should look like" after photos?

Posted · "How it should look like" after photos?

Just looking for some good pictures of how everything should look, especially the pulleys and linkages...I have some questions about how sliders face, etc

Thanks!

Maybe instead you should take a photo of what you already have and ask if it's okay? Were you the one having assembly confusion? I haven't looked at assembly instructions in a while but they used to have plenty of great pictures. Maybe you can skip ahead and see pictures later in the instructions?

fyi - if you are waiting for answers for some other assembly you can always skip to the assembly of the bed. That took me quite a while. And you can do it first, last, in the middle, whenever.

We've skipped ahead hoping for better pictures of the completed items but haven't

Based on some of the alignment issues others have had, I am trying to avoid re-doing things.

(And kinda wishing i went with assembled...I'd rather be printing versus decoding the wiki/building) :)

You mean this part?

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev.4_assembly:_X-Y_axes

Slider blocks can only go one way. 2 of them are kind of upside-down from the other 2

Look at the assembly for print head - the bars that go into the print head come from the slider blocks.

It's easy to take it all apart. Especially if you don't tighten down the setscrews.

You don't need to put end caps on either. Half of mine are loose right now anyway.

Here is some video of the top of the UM - maybe it will help you:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=grHmmmSoOfc