Koppapot

Ultimaker Original + dont work after upgrade

Posted · Ultimaker Original + dont work after upgrade

Hello

Today i tryed to Upgrade my Ultimaker Original +, i ordered some Tuning Stuff, like the Pulleys and the Belts from the Ultimaker 2 and the Ultimaker 2+ Upgrade Kit.

I installed the Pulleys, the Belts and the new Slide Blocks from the UM2 on my UMO+ and everything was fine.

I installed the UM 2+ Upgrade Kit with the Olson Block. I used the Thread I found here, Installed the Wires and was going to Change the Firmware.

As suddenly i smell something Strange... and see some Smoke was coming from the Bottom of my UMO+ I immediately turn of the Power and Pluged it out.

I checked all the Wires, the Board, everything and did find NOTHING... no cable was melting, no soot or something on the Wodden Bottom nothing to see on the Board himself...

Only I can see is that i accidently put the Cables from the Hotend to the Heater2 on the Board... i changed it to Heater 1 and Turn it on Again... and keep an Eye on the Bottom, but nothing.

After that I Changed the Esteps/mm PID-P PID-I PID-D.
Than I want tho Calibrate the Home Function and nothing Happens... the Axis dont Move... X, Y, Z Death.... 

X and Y can slide with my Hand... Z Nothing, i have to use much Force on it. 

I tryed to Change the Firmware to the newest, than to an older, than to a Custom one, nothing works.

What can i try? The Stepper Motors? How can i try these? 

Maybe the Motherboard is broken? 

OK... I have found the answer... Z was Burning down.

34767266ov.jpg

So now comes the part where its crappy to have a motherboard with integrated stepper drivers... 😕

Now comes the part where i switch to a Duet Mainboard 😉