Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
LePaul

3 prong white (female) block on extruder

You say use either cable....but make sure you use the right one....that's a contradiction :)

Let me sum it up ... 2 connections, 3 connertors on the cable...I was thinking perhaps it is this way if you go to dual extruders (which I have the option kit...but not using it right off)

One of the 3 receptacle plugs will be used at the head end. One will be dangling and waiting for the second extruder. Both of the plugs on other ends will both be plugged into the control board. The cables could be reversed on both ends with no ill effect with one being used and the other not.

That extra cable is for the extra extruder if you do dual. Or if you break the cable at some point you can use the second one as a spare. It *does* matter which is which when you plug into the circuit board. I mean extruder 1 goes to extruder 1 regardless of which cable/color you use.

That extra cable is for the extra extruder if you do dual. Or if you break the cable at some point you can use the second one as a spare. It *does* matter which is which when you plug into the circuit board. I mean extruder 1 goes to extruder 1 regardless of which cable/color you use.

Thank you!

from the black signal cable come 3 cables/headers.

Female Blue Purple > For your hot end fan.

Male Red/Yellow/Black > people usually use this one to connect to your thermocouple transmitter (as shown on your picture. A proper connection will active the blue Led when your UM is turned on).

Male Green/Orange/Brown > This one usually is saved for dual extrusion, unless the other one (R/Y/B) gets damaged.

The G/O/B and R/Y/B share the same function, in any case make sure to plug the same cable (G/O/B or R/Y/B) in your electronics AND in your thermocouple transmitter.

Good luck!