tiny holes/gaps on walls

giostark

Posted · tiny holes/gaps on walls

Hi all,

Im trying to configure the right parameters in the latest stable Cura 3.6 for print ABS.

I cant  understand from where come from those tiny holes.

I tried several prints and all present those defects in different places. Also printing the same exactly cube the defects are not in the same places.

Im using a low temperature of 210 degree . If I try to rise it the filament start to pop and appear inconsistent.

If I go lower of course it dont stick as it should and the layer delaminate.

I disabled "compensate wall  overlap" that seems could produce irregularity.

If I print a cube with infill 0% this dont happen.

The wall count is settled to 2.

Nozzle is 0.8.

Retraction enabled.

Z-lift enabled.

The extruder multiplier is calculated as 0.94 (for reach the right thickness of the wall)

The first layer is almost perfect with perfect adesion.

I tried also Matterhacker and it didnt present this problem but it miss  lots of settings that instead Cura have. So I would like continue to use Cura.

Can someone give some advice where investigate ?

Many thanks!

20190116_183721.thumb.jpg.d936927d06ca2eb39dcad104decac81e.jpg

Posted (edited) · tiny holes/gaps on walls

You nailed it! In your avatar you hit the green spot ! Thanks again smartavionics 👍

I decreased from 5mm to 2mm.

Ill' open a new 3d for refine other stuff. I would mark this 3D as SOLVED.

Damn , I lost so much time (and materials) trying and trying , and wrote few line  was so helpful and quick. 🤔

Edited by giostark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies