Error with End Stop in CURA

LePaul

Posted · Error with End Stop in CURA

I thank you for the very detailed reply.

You've been a real help and I look forward to your reposnses!

Squished flat is a great description. Maybe I am being too conservative and not close enough. I have been using the piece of paper can slide thru as a guide but perhaps I need to slowly inch that closer

I'm at work now so I can't try these ideas until this evening.

Does your Ulticontroller give the option as the video shows?

The Ultimcontroller option to extrude is in the prepare->move axis section, but only for the 0.1mm and maybe 1mm increment options.

However, I advise not using it. Just turn the gear wheel by hand. Much easier and safer. Using the Ulticontroller tries to extrude much faster than the nozzle can handle, and can cause blockages.

Good to know

Its hard to see for sure if the filament is being pulled in correctly. It was really tight getting the PLA thru the wood opening then I kept hitting the plastic piece around the Bowden tube (in the extruder) to finally get it into the print head.

Based on the fact it dribbled hot plastic, I might be fussing over nothing :)

How do you gents calibrate your print head to the bed?

Also...I put in a support ticket for the error i got with the limit switch. I saw a lot of discussions about this elsewhere but curious if this is any kind of show stopper?

Well I am in a tug of war....

If I have the platform a hair under the nozzle, then set the z limit switch to click there, when I do a test print, it starts printing about 2mm above the platform. If I got a little closer on the z, im too low, just putting grooves in the blue tap (but not ripping it

What's that magic tip to get it just right :)

You will have some trial and error while you establish a basepoint for the Z switch/platform height. Until then, and even after most people adjust the platform manually at the start of the print by turning the Z screw by hand. You can do this by twisting the shaft coupling at the bottom. The motor is enrrgized, and there will be some resistance. Thats normal and you wont hurt anything.

It is perfectly OK to do this while the print is in process.

My robot print starts OK for a few seconds, then just takes off across the x axis...

Just to close out this thread with an answer, should others reference this...

I'm not sure if updating the firmware, which was part of the Cura software setup wizard, was what fixed this.

After powering the machine off and then making the appropriate changes to the limit switches in the front, its working (in another thread, but the print head was ramming and crashing around at the begining and end of a print)

Strange, as the connections were all fine.

But once I pushed the limit switch for a moment and let go, it would continue with the next sensor, then the back, then the Z. Then we moved on to the bed levling.

So, it looks like your sliding blocks weren't (still aren't?) ever actually contacting the limit switches? In which case, either your sliding blocks are installed wrong somehow, or you need to move the limit switches to where the blocks can hit them before running out of room to move.

Well that's what is odd. In the Cura software wizard, you are instructed to manually touch them. I touched the one in question and it never moved on to the next one.

No hardware changes were made Just slide the limit switch over to make contact with the print head, to resolve the hammering when printing.

When I tried it again the next day as GR5 suggested, it went right thru all of them, step by step

Weird! But...happy its working!