TheConfusedScientist

Keeping UM2+ display active when USB connection open

Posted · Keeping UM2+ display active when USB connection open

Hi all,

I've been looking into building a monitoring system for our fleet of Ultimaker 2+ machines, but have run into a bit of an interesting roadblock. At present I'm querying the printer for it's SD print status with the M27 command, but while this is ongoing it isn't possible to use the onboard display and controls, for example to access the tune/abort functionality.

Is it possible to "re-enable" the display although a USB connection is still active?

Many thanks,

TheConfusedScientist

The standard firmware shows the "USB printing..." screen for 5 seconds every time it receives a command over the serial connection.

The only exception is the M105 command (used for temperature readings).

Your options are:

• use a modified firmware
  • send the M27 requests less frequently and wait 5 seconds each time - until the normal menu comes back

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

The standard firmware shows the "USB printing..." screen for 5 seconds every time it receives a command over the serial connection.

The only exception is the M105 command (used for temperature readings).

Your options are:

• use a modified firmware
  • send the M27 requests less frequently and wait 5 seconds each time - until the normal menu comes back

Thanks - this is what I thought too. Was sort of hoping there would be a super secret command ;)