S5 Offset Probe Fail

ARTFX23

Posted · S5 Offset Probe Fail

I am getting a persistent failure. "Nozzle Offset Probe Failed". This was happening occasionally right out of the box, but was resolved with either a bed leveling or a hard reset. Now it is constant and I can't print! I have replaced both Heads and did a Factory Reset.....

Any help would be appreciated.

I had this error two times and each time there was still a rest of the filament on the nozzle or on the glass plate. If you've already replaced the PrintCores, check if there's still something sticking to the glass in the right back quarter.

I think it is the actual probe itself, as the fault often happens before the glass is within 10mm of the nozzle. I am going to try a Firmware update, and then throw in the towel till the support staff gets in on Monday. To say the least I am a bit bummed as it is a brand new machine, I will say though, when running, she is a beauty....

You can also check the cables of the capacity board. When you open the fan door of the print head, you see the board in the back. Maybe there is an issue with the cables.

IMG_3554.thumb.JPG.8fae254d9953bfe3a4410a3576adae6d.JPG

Was one of the suggestions from the US support group, connections inside and in back "look" good. I guess I have to take it apart and put a meter on it?