huebnerjoel

Cura 32bit for linux

Posted · Cura 32bit for linux

I have not seen or found US English.  If there is one please point me there!

I'm a CURA 18.04 - OctoPi/OctoPrint user, on a Monoprice Mini.

I'm also looking for the 32 bit - Source code for Linux.  Compiling is nothing to be afraid of.  Also, a 32bit .deb file would be nice.  I  have a primary workstation on Lubuntu 32bit, using an Atom - Intel processor.

2 hours ago, huebnerjoel said:

I have not seen or found US English.  If there is one please point me there!

I assume you wanted to post in the english language part.  It turns out most of the forum is english - only the "foreign language" section has other languages.  I moved your post to the Cura subforum.

So I use ubuntu and I use the "appimage" release which works great.  But it's 64 bit.

Cura has been 64 bit only since version 2.3.1 as you can see here:

https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software/list

The source code is on github.  It's easy to get the source from any past version if you know git:

https://github.com/Ultimaker

You need both of the first two projects there: cura and curaEngine.  "cura" project is the gui only.  curaEngine is a c++ program that can be run from the command line that does the actual slicing.  I don't know how to build cura or curaEngine but @smartavionics and @ahoeben do it regularly.  Maybe they know where there is a guide published somewhere.

I think it may be possible to compile the back end (CuraEngine) for a 32bit architecture because when I started building releases I mistakenly compiled the Windows CuraEngine using the 32bit compiler and it seemed to work just fine. but I don't think the front end UI (Cura) can be built for a 32 bit machine.

The front end can be built in 32bit, it's just a complete PITA to do it.

10 minutes ago, nallath said:

The front end can be built in 32bit, it's just a complete PITA to do it.

Even on Linux? I thought the PITA was mainly Windows 32 bit.

I guess that by now the PITA is on linux as well. I don't think that it's easy to get qt & pyqt for 32 bit, so you will also have to build that from source. For windows it's probably nearly impossible by now.