Iggy0702

Whole print shifts at certain heights

Posted · Whole print shifts at certain heights

So ive been trying to print these parts standing up in order to change the fiber direction. When i printed them laying down it was no problem whatsoever but when i print them standing up this happens. 

I already looked at the sliced parts in cura and it looks fine. the shift is only in the y-axis, otherwise the print is good enough quaility wise.

Does anyone know how i could possibly fix this problem?

Cheers,

Christian

e246c72c-2f83-4742-9590-e6d9480a81e7.thumb.jpg.df004e425da7cc0271402690291102dd.jpg

Your problem is a loose pulley which slips on the axle. Check all the pulleys and tighten them as much as possible. You can also make a little mark on the axle and the pulley, then print something and you will see which pulley is loose - or just tighten all.

Awesome thank you very much ill report how it works after i did that 🙂

Tighten the hell out of those tiny set screws.  It's usually the one on the stepper (the hardest to get to).

Ok so i tried it and checked if the bands were tighter than before and they were. But now there are even more steps in my build.

Is there a certain way to tighten the screws??

Did you write "alignment-marks" on the pulleys with a marker? To see which one, if any, is slipping?

Also check if your print head moves smoothly. If it would get stuck (e.g. no lubrication, dry bearings, or oil that got too sticky), it could cause the stepper motor to skip steps. I don't know if this could also happen if the steppers simply get too hot?

Printing too fast could also cause skipped steps.

hm well the speed of the print isnt a problem i think since im printing with 18mm/s.

Hm where exactly would you make such marks?

i already saw a post concerning this topic where cooling the stepper motor helped. 

the print head moves slowly as far as i know. (im printing in the university so i dont always have acces to it)