Sk7500

Can't pick the right support material

Posted · Can't pick the right support material

I have a new S5. According to the compatibility page I should be able to print Nylon using a PVA support? But when I choose that combination it refuses to slice. And when I installed the .04 heads in the machine it said the .04 print heads did not support Breakaway material. To get around the problem I told Cura I wanted to use breakaway material so it would slice and just ignored the fact that I have PVA in the machine. The print temperatures and speeds are similar, So I think I'll be OK but I'm missing something in the Compatibility chart. I figured using the "Recommended" Option would set all the parameters to allow use of Compatible materials. I was wrong.

Thanks

After I fought for a bit I realized I had an AA-0.4 pint nozzle in the Cura support extruder. It needed to be a BB-0.4 nozzle.

Yes, that's right, but the BB core is only for PVA, everything else needs the AA print core.