Something old.. something new, sequel.

SandervG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Something old.. something new, sequel.

I'm very anxious to see the internal structure of the new extruder and a section of the new hotend! Looks promising.

I do have one question for the UM staff though. I see the new hotend is "almost completely metal". So what's the max temp it can reliably go to?

On a side note, you boys have been very busy it seems! I love the new site design and the store. The UM2 looks really nice also, I'll be sure to watch the presentation tonight.

When will the Live Stream go, err... Live?

I found different times listed at different places, and if my conversions considering the DST are right, they are NOT equivalent:

5pm New York time - (https://www.ultimaker.com/b/news/2013/09/19/live-stream-official-release-ultimaker-2)

EST: 20-09-2013 - 7:00 PM - (https://www.ultimaker.com/p/company/press-kit)

20.Sep.2013, 20:00 CET - (https://www.igo3d.com/blog/ultimaker-2-3d-printer-reveal-live-igo3d1/)

After seeing more information about Ultimaker2 I think I am safe in the ownership of an Ultimaker Classic. I'm far more of a tinkerer which suits the original ultimaker I think.

It is great to see the company pushing the design towards the consumer market and will ultimately benefit all of us. Excited to see the uptake! Good job guys :)

the big show tonight live.

https://www.ultimaker.com/p/company/press-kit

I just made a post about this: http://blog.ultimaker.com/2013/09/20/live-stream-official-release-ultimaker-2/

It also has the link where you can follow the release.

@Paul, if you want please email me and we can see about any possibilities. Or at the very least we can consider options.

Overall, I am sorry if my response time is slower the next couple of days.

I am personally at the release and Maker Faire New York. But i will try to reply to everything asap.

If anybody has any further questions, looking forward to helping you!

Sent in such an email (Ticket ID: XEA-828-89700)

I'm surprised by the pricing. I was expecting to be under $1000 USD to counter the Solidoodle 3 and similar types.

Ultimaker 2 seems like one of the best option for a 3D printer in the market right now. I hope to see Ultimaker coming up with even more exciting upgrades in the future, and be the technological leader in the desktop 3D printer market. If Ultimaker's technology/ performance can justify the price tag, then there is no need to lower the price significantly to compete.

Not sure what Ultilab will really bring, hopefully it will turbo-charge the development of Ultimaker.

I really like my month-old Ultibake oven, we modified it allot ;) can't wait to show you guys! - and now that I've read you're going to keep upgrading the 'classic' - I'm ok we didn't get it. (but it sure is pretty, nice job!)

I'm really glad you guys have the right attitude toward customer retention, we are with you, if you are with us!

GO ULTIMAKER!

one thing,

my co-builder keeps bugging me - any idea what the time frame is on the heated bed? - pleeeease dont make it too much, as a thank you to the supporting community :) .. Pwwwease' <3 (or maybe a special price for those who bought a maker recently? That would be aWESOme! ..maybe just those who ask, and we'll keep it secret :) .. from what we've read the rest of the bits are great, it's just a highly significant part, maybe the number one request even?, I guess because of the ABS advantage, and I wana make some SHOES! (ps if anyone knows, does size 6.5 fit on the platform? ..maybe on an angle.....

Hi Guys,

today the shipping for the UM2 should start! Hopefully we get it until the end of this week!!!

Feeling like a child a few days before Christmas :)

i can' t wait any longer i'm going crazy