Tenebris

Abnormal extrusion

Posted · Abnormal extrusion

48AC0C43-4E1A-4A64-91CF-A4CB91A014D0.thumb.jpeg.32ec58c251d25d4ae96bd170ae4567ac.jpeg

I have no idea what’s going on with this. It’s not the filament or the nozzle because I tried replacing them both. Any thoughts?

0.1 resolution

PLA

Some more information? Which printer, settings,... would help a lot.

Just from the picture, would say under extrusion.

Bibo 2, not a major brand.

PLA

extruder temp- 190

resolution is .01mm

50% infill, triangle pattern

Wall and top thickness are 1mm with 3 layers each

retraction enabled

60mm/s print speed

Try to print slower. Make a test with 30mm/s and check the result again.

Ok then, I’ll do that. Wierd though, it worked with these settings before, this problem kind of came out of nowhere.

It seems you have an extrusion problem, so this can be speed, temperature, clogged nozzle, feeder, and a lot of more things. If you have printed successfully with these settings, then you can also check your hardware, feeder, nozzle, filament.

• Like 1

Which manufacturer of filament are you using I wonder? Anyway check it to make sure the thickness is consistent say along a length of 2 or 3 metres and that it is 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm. Also if it is on a reel make sure it is not wound  too tightly. If it is unwind a few metres to loosen it and rewind more loosely.

Probably worth warming the extruder up to 180 and then seeing how easy it is to pull out the filament, i.e. it should be easy.

Alright, I’ll try a lower temperature. The brand of the filament is Hatchbox, which I’ve had good results from in the past.

higher temperature.  Dont' try a lower temperature.  190C is a bit low for PLA usually.  I found the quality of overhangs to be just as good at 210C and you are less likely to have underextrusion problems.

Please provide a better photo (closer to the part so I can see the infill).

Did it just suddenly stop extruding before finishing or did you abort it early or did it rip apart easily?

Ripped easily, print finished as normal. 180-190 is the recommended temperature by the manufacturer.