Bracco

PostProcessing Script for IDEX printers

Posted · PostProcessing Script for IDEX printers

Hi everybody,

i hope this is the most appropriate place to post this, anyway:

if you own an IDEX (independent dual extruder, or dual x) printer you'll know that Cura does not officially have support for that, and while it still works, the produced gcode nullifies every advantage you have with such a printer.

so, enter my little postprocessing script. it just refactors the gcode around the toolchange command to suit IDEX printers better. it makes a whole world of difference. Options are pretty self explanatory i think.

find it here https://github.com/Braccoz/IdexFixes

Hello. I've got the project of modify my printer (homemade with Duet wifi board) to an IDEX system. Your script is for what version of Cura ? Cura 3.x, 4.0, or BCN3D Cura. Sorry for my english I'm french.

Hello Bracco, this sounds exactly like what I was looking for my idex printer.

I checked out your github link but I'm not familiar with coding so could you help me to figure out how to use your script?

A step by step guide would be really appreciated. 

Thank you so much. 

hi, you just download the file and drop it in C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.2\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts

then restart Cura and you will see it in the PostProcessing plugin. there are just a couple of options which are pretty self explanatory