MakMakMo

Combing Mode Shortest Path?

Posted · Combing Mode Shortest Path?

I need some help here. With .8 nozzle Combing mode is great at making clean prints with zero ooze. The problem is that it does not take the straightest path to start a new layer. It instead will travel along the printed part only and during that time it is taking to travel the .8 nozzle releases a bit of pressure and when a new layer is started there is a couple mm gap missing of the layer due to lost filament gliding on printed parts. Is there a way to keep combing mode and print in the straightest path?? Avoiding printed parts does not work.

Posted · Combing Mode Shortest Path?

So if I am understanding this correctly, this will comb and also retract before longer travel moves over the set distance.  So the comb+retraction will not enable oozing filament to be lost gliding over the print?

Posted (edited) · Combing Mode Shortest Path?

I have some questions about Combing.  Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd piggy-back on this one.  For reference, I'm using smartavionics fork of Cura.master; there's some very cool stuff going on in there.  I really like the Small Perimeters setting and this should definitely be merged into the main branch.

I noticed that the Max Combing Distace default is now 30mm.  I recall it being much lower than that in previous versions (but I could be wrong about that). Is 10-20mm still recommended?  What factors go into choosing that distance?

Does Cura compensate for the extrudite lost during the unretracted travel move?

Edited by Reywas