Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Ultimaker Firmware 5.2 stable

Posted · Ultimaker Firmware 5.2 stable

They have a full colour lcd display it could simply display the symbol and writing in big. Even though anyone whos bought one with half a brain would already know its hot. I feel this is a warning for no win no fee claims idiots. I mean you have to physically open the door or put your hand all thd way in to touch it. Doing that to any machinery you dont understand is pretty stupid if you ask me. And yes i know....curiosity.....killed the cat!

• Replies 329
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone,     Thank you for all the time and energy you invest in sharing your messages here, trying to share your perspective with others. I like to think that this all comes from the sa

Since we only ever fill the threads with complaints and blames about bugs and errors, the positive should also be highlighted.   Bringing the firmware from UM3 to the same code base was cert

Hi everyone,   I'm also from Ultimaker, also not a firmware engineer but I've been busy trying to collect more information about this uncomfortable situation. If you have read through the pa

Posted Images

Actually nah I take it back. New firmware is a lame duck, for me anyways more random failures on files I've printed repeatedly. Perhaps due to my machine series and lack of addons, eitherway, rollin back to 5.2.11.... or I've been away for a bit and my machine is upset I've left it alone for so long!lol. Im getting really creative again now... so I need my reliability back. Not waking up to loudly blowing fans that have been doing that all night whilst i was sleeping. Shame. If this keeps up may have to go back to the um2 after all!

Thanks, I'm normally Mr Legacy and I've had long argument with people who always think the newest versions of everything are the best and how I warn them to wait a bit unless they are happy being guinea pigs. Some people even refused to roll back or use older versions and struggle on with their issues because it meant they werent using the latest and 'greatest'. So silly. In this case guess I was away for bit and didn't read about the issues some people had as normally they are fine. Ill just leave it at 5.2.11 for ever now! Lol. Lesson learnt!....unless I update the actual machine. I must have been waaay behind firmware wise though because the auto levelling seems much quicker. Im just gonna reslice everything again to make sure my stick is not corrupting or any other weird issues. Ill stick to the new cura v4  as well. Seems nicer! Well done there cura people! Been using v3.4 for waaay too long now!

After some experimentation I can confirm that cura 4.4.1 and the new firmware 5.4 or whatever it is works just fine. So all good. All my old stuff however no longer works but im ok with that as i have too much on my stick now anyways and it takes too long going through it all. I'd rather archive my obj files rather than curas sliced files anyway. ive gathered quite a few now.