Smithy

Cura 4.0 unable to disable Prime Tower

Posted · Cura 4.0 unable to disable Prime Tower

I have just noticed that I am not able to disable the prime tower when using supports. I am only using a single material, Extruder 2 is disabled. 

1006566661_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-23um11_24_46.thumb.png.baea52046b5947e6ab8e7c40aaddafb6.png

2031387974_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-23um11_27_12.thumb.png.f7051697066fadcb4c684cb6613bd6eb.png

Is this a known bug? 

Any ideas how to get rid of it? 

UM3_Sonos_Play_1_WallMount.3mf

Ok, I started over again from a default profile and did all my settings again and now it as expected. Don't know what happened before.

Solved!

Still strange behavior. I cannot print, because after sending the print job, the printer means I have to load the AA 0.8 core with PLA in the extruder 2. But extruder 2 is disabled!

Also after enabling the extruder 2, Cura don't take over the configuration from the printer (because extruder 2 is actually BB 0.4)

After some investigations, it seems, that now with Cura 4.0, you have to set the right print core combination, regardless of the print core if it is enabled or not. I am now able to print, but only because I configured the right print core for the disabled extruder 2. 

Very strange....